Penn Spinfisher V review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn Spinfisher V review

Penn reels are by far my favorite reels. I did a review on the battle before and that is a great reel for the price range. These are a bit more expensive in the $115-$150 range but they are worth it!!!! Here is my review of the Penn spinfisherV.

http://www.makoslayer.com/2013/12/le...have-been.html

www.facebook.com/makoslayer
    Last edited by Timothy Quintana; 12-11-2013, 06:39 PM.

I own one and use it for surf fishing, it is a solid reel but very head and not that smooth, it would be great for kayaks due to it being sealed

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Quintana View Post
      I did a review on the battle before and that is a great reel for the price
      I wish I could agree. I picked up a 4000 last year and really wanted to like it. It was not smooth from the start, and after maybe six trips it sounded like it was going to come apart while under load - and I'm talking about ANY load, not just a nice fish. I've got lower grade Shimano reels (Sadona and Sahara) that outperform my Battle hands down. Hopefully I just got a lemon.
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
        I wish I could agree. I picked up a 4000 last year and really wanted to like it. It was not smooth from the start, and after maybe six trips it sounded like it was going to come apart while under load - and I'm talking about ANY load, not just a nice fish. I've got lower grade Shimano reels (Sadona and Sahara) that outperform my Battle hands down. Hopefully I just got a lemon.
        I heard that the quality control is iffy, I have a 3000 that is torn up I mean its pitted and I've tossed it around paints coming off. Ive had it for 2 years and fished easily over 200 times. Washed it off with freshwater and maybe greased it up a couple times and its still smooth and nothing wrong with it. Other people agree and others say the gears grand so it leads me to believe the quality control is a bit overlooked. These SpinfisherV's are a whole different level amazing reels IMO

Comment

I'm replacing the battle with a quantum energy pti. We'll see how that does.
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I see on your blog you have what appears to be an Avet...now THAT is a workhorse! I can't say enough good things about mine. I've had it a few years now. It gets sprayed off, but that is all the maintenance it has ever had. I use it for trolling, live lineing, and also slap it on a surf rod when I go to the beach.
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
              I see on your blog you have what appears to be an Avet...now THAT is a workhorse! I can't say enough good things about mine. I've had it a few years now. It gets sprayed off, but that is all the maintenance it has ever had. I use it for trolling, live lineing, and also slap it on a surf rod when I go to the beach.

I had an Avet, sold it because I was tight on money awhile back. I need to change the picture pretty soon as that one is outdated. It was an awesome reel though.

Comment

Thanks for review. I might have to try one.
                Hurricane Skimmer 128
                WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Yeah, they are great! The price is well worth it!

Comment

Working...
                  X