Cloudy Gulp Alive Liquid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy Gulp Alive Liquid

Hey guys. I took advantage of a Cyber Monday discount and picked up some Gulp! Alive! baits (grubs & eels). Three of them are in clear liquid that I have seen in the store, but the liquid the white grubs are in is very cloudy.

Should I worry about this and send them back, or do they just look that way sometimes?

I spoke to a rep for the company at a fishing show a couple of years ago. He told me that sealed bait is only good for two years and open containers are only good for six months. Last year I tested this with a fresh container of Gulp blood worms and one that I had for a year. The new stuff did catch more fish. I'll admit that my research was not scientific but I did decide not to stock up on "end of year" sales anymore.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Really? I have some GUPL alive going on three or four years old now. It looks fine.
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

This morning it looks like the liquid has cleared up quite a bit.

I am guessing it had something to do with the temperature, but it seems odd that the other other container didn't get cloudy.

Comment

Maybe. I've had pints of shellfish oil get cloudy in below freezing temps only to clear up once I warmed it back up in the truck. They looked like they had started to solidify which caused the cloudiness.
          Brian

Comment

Had some delivered this week and same thing with mine. Chartreuse looked normal, white was super murky.

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
              Maybe. I've had pints of shellfish oil get cloudy in below freezing temps only to clear up once I warmed it back up in the truck. They looked like they had started to solidify which caused the cloudiness.
              Sounds yummy...
              LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
              Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
              X