Need a PFD for the little lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a PFD for the little lady

Since I need to get a new PFD for my bride before the spring I thought maybe I get her one for Christmas.

I just decided on this and haven't begun my research yet.
    Figured I would look for a good Type 3, I do want to keep her. And it should be comfortable.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

An inflatable, they are the most comfortable, especially in warm/hot weather. The are rather expensive when compared to a standard PFD and you need a good one that will not discharge and inflate in the rain and spare cartridges are a must. Personally, I find a regular PFD in the summer is too hot to wear, and if not worn is worthless. Either the standard inflatable that goes on the chest or, if she is a decent swimmer, one that is worn like a fanny bag around the waist. For running rapids, or a back county multi-day kayak excursion I would not opt for an inflatable but for a day of fishing, an inflatable would be my choice.
    HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

^+1

Comment

Do you use them? I would be concerned that the high humidity we have around here would rapidly degrade the pill.

Comment

i've had mine for 4 years, in spect it before every season and have had no problems. the co2 cartrages dont rust

Comment

Do you use them?
            Yes, that's my point. If I take a regular PFD and the temperature reaches 60, or it otherwise becomes uncomfortable, it usually ends up laying on the back deck and that isn't using it.
            HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X