What is under the tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is under the tree?

Christmas time- so what are you getting under the tree? I have boat electronics under my tree for my 40 year old 170 Aquasport rebuild project- a Hummingbird 798 SI CI, Standard Horizon VHF and a Shakespeake 8 foot fiberglass antenna- been working on my projects and haven't done any fishing lately, but I plan on getting ready for a lot more in 2014-
    PS- my after Xmas sale netted me a Optima 31 series Marine Dual purpose marine AGM battery
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 12-29-2013, 05:59 AM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Kayak Santa will be good to me this year. Last October I ordered a custom-length carbon fiber Ikelos paddle from Werner. I gave it to Santa (Mrs. Veil) to hold for me until Christmas. Instead of a lump of coal in my stocking, I get another form of carbon this year.

I plan to pick up my new Slayer Propel kayak today from C.D. Dollar's shop in Centreville. He transported the kayak from the factory in NC last week.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Wow, those are some real nice presents. I'm getting a Nikon Coolpix aw110 tough camera with some accessories and a Lowrance elite 4 dsi.

Comment

Subscription to Rodmaker magazine ......... Blu ray player for television in the rodbuilding room ...... Sweaters and stuff, airbrush cleaning stuff .........

Comment

A new ultra light rod to replace the one that took a swim, a 12' Crappie rod, along with my favorite Shimano reels to go with both. Plus a stocking stuffed with lures and terminal tackle.

Comment

I look enough like Santa to get my own stuff. I really need a new P/U truck. That will happen by spring. For the kayak, it is mostly rigged the way I want, some upgrades for the GoPros and a Garmin VIRB. I am also accumulating parts for about 8 rod blanks, which I have, to build up for the spring. That should do it.

Comment

I didn't request any fishing/kayaking gear or accessories.
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I was told well before Christmas that I wont be getting anything fishing wise for christmas. The wife sais "There cant be anything else you need"........so I didnt even bother. LMAO!

Comment

I won't know till Santa gets here.
                  Although I have a suspicion he's bringing a VHF so the missus won't worry about me so much.
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I'm pretty sure it will just be the lump of coal!
                    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

My wife gave me a $40 allowance at Amazon. Picked up a 3/4 oz gold kastmaster, a chartreuse/chrome rattletrap, a new lucky craft trolling lure, and some panfish jigs.
                      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
                        I'm pretty sure it will just be the lump of coal!
                        The sticks will help keep us warm during FEB. Hopefully need them to smoke a Bluefish.
                        PigPen - Mt Airy
                        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Well I gave Santa my money early this Xmas.I ask him to drop it off couple days before,then next thing you know I walk in the house with my hummingbird 597gps comb and Olympus tough camera.We worked this out really good.
                          2012 hobie outback
                          2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Santa came early and brought a bunch of tickets for different things going on around town (date night vouchers more or less), so that will be fun. Santa gave up buying me fishing gear and leaves it to me, so santa has been dropping stuff on my doorstop for the last week or so.

shimano calcutta 400d on a g loomis pro blue
                            chronarch 200e7 on a st croix avid inshore
                            Daiwa Tatula on a falcon trapcaster
                            Penn Conflict on a st croix tidemaster
                            a bunch of lures
                            Icom m24 VHF
                            2 pc frogg togg waterproof bib and jacket
                            neoprene boots and gloves
                            some other odds and ends

I just got the kayak so i'm building my collection from scrap
                            2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Santa was good to me.
                              He left me a flush mount Scotty baitcast holder... a couple of X-Raps... plastic fish grips... and a Uniden MHS126.
                              2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                              Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
                              X