Chesapeake Bay Mothership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Bay Mothership

I only started kayaking this year and for the first time heard about this concept of using a mother ship to go out to areas too arduous to paddle to. Before my kayak, I bought a ProSport ProKat 3660 and am moving it from the Potomac to right off the Chesapeake near Flag Ponds Park. I understand that is part of the Bay a lot of trophy stripers are caught. With that I am willing to offer services as a mothership during the 2014 season. I don't have a charter license (Yet) and I prefer to first take out those who had experience with a mothership first. Because I don't have a full blown charter license, I can only politely ask for gas money. Currently I have about 200 hours of 360 required to test for my license, almost exclusively on the ProKat that I have owned for four years so I will be applying for one in 2014. The boat itself is fully loaded; fish cleaning station, live wells, climate controlled cabin area, head, kitchen...etc. If you used a mothership service before I would be very happy to hear from you.
    Last edited by khobombed; 12-23-2013, 07:49 PM.

Isn't MD striper season over? Are you taking people for catch and release only? Or Flag Harbor Ponds is in VA?

Comment

Originally posted by hobieadventure View Post
      Isn't MD striper season over? Are you taking people for catch and release only? Or Flag Harbor Ponds is in VA?
      Yea the season ended on December 15th, I'm already planning into the next year I intend to be docked near Flag Ponds Park near Lusby MD once I get her back in the water in Spring. Typing "next year" somewhere in the post might have helped, in fact I will make that change now.

Comment

Working...
      X