Fort Washington Information Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Washington Information Needed

Has anyone finished the Fort Washington/Piscataway Creek area, especially this time of the year. I am guessing that there are catfish around but what about crappie and pickerel?

it is a VERY shallow creek

its on fire in the spring for bass.

i would say pickeral, snakehead are in there bc of the depths. cat fish maybe out in the main chanel.
    Crappie is a deff chance from all the structure
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

You might be able to find crappie around the pier structure at the Ft. Washington marina. I doubt they would be up the creek.
      Green Old Town Loon 111
      Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Good fishing at the point... right down where the light tower is...
        Its only about 25-50 feet out to the channel drop-off. Goes from about 5 feet to 70 feet very quickly.

Should be able to find some nice catfish there.
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Surprizingly enough, Bill and I caught crappie up the creek. Lots of wood in the river and they were there.
          For Cats, try the edge of the deep water where the creek meets the Potomac. Anchor in 15-20 feet of water and cast one line shallow, one deep and see what happens. You'll see the edge is steep. That is an area where I have used a "Fishbomb" effectively. There is alot of water to cover (unlike the bridge which draws fish) so bringing them to you helps.
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Piscataway has not been good the last few years. I think you would be better off launching at Slavins in the Mattawoman..... When are you planning on going?
            http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
            484-459-9863
            If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
            *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Hopefully Thursday, But I have some time off, so I'm open for other trips as well.

Originally posted by docirv View Post
              Piscataway has not been good the last few years. I think you would be better off launching at Slavins in the Mattawoman..... When are you planning on going?

Comment

I've not fished this creek in winter. In, summer , I've caught a decent amount of bass, catfish, and stripers in the creek. The creek is shallow. Near the gravel pits at the front of the creek across from the side where fort Washington is there is a HUGE grass bed. It's acres in size. I've caught a lot of bass out that grass. There's a stone breakwater that protects the head of the creek across from Fort Washington. I've caught stripers and cats just off the breakwater. I've never caught a crappie or pickerel in the creek. I've heard they can be caught around the marina pilings. I've also herd pickerel have been caught in the back of the creek near Piscataway Park. I generally fish the front of the creek and rarely venture back.

I should explore more. The whole area between Alexandria and Mount Vernon was just not right this year. Fishing was generally poor. I don't know if the problem is Snakeheads, pollution, FLW tourneys or just too much pressure. I hope someone finds some answers. The NPS I believe is going to really mess things up when they fill in the old quarries near Dyke marsh. I don't know if that will start this year or not.
                Hurricane Skimmer 128
                WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
                X