another new guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another new guy.

hi guys just found this site a few weeks ago. i actually dont own a kayak yet but ive been fishing since i was about 8.been researching fishing yaks for a couple months and thats how i found you. i live in the white marsh area bt will soon be relocaying to the stewartstown pa area.i enjoy all types of freshwater fishing ponds lakes rivers etc, and my main areas for the kayak will be the upper potomac the susky near harrisburg and a few large ponds that I also fish. ofcourse il be reading and learning about new opprotunities on here probably some things i never even thought of.

Welcome to Snaggedline!

Smallmouth are fun to catch in upper Potomac and Susquehanna.

I've never taken my kayak to either spot but I have waded both rivers extensively.

The smallmouth are usually very agreeable to being caught. You'll have a great time.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Welcome and I am very close to the Upper Potomac. Send me a PM if you ever would like some company.

Comment

i just may. most of the guys i fish with are into big boat bass fishing . i need somebody to kayak fish with. ive pretty much narrowed my search to a ride 115x or a slyer 12 if anybody has any opinoins on these two boats id love some feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by dpreller View Post
          i just may. most of the guys i fish with are into big boat bass fishing . i need somebody to kayak fish with. ive pretty much narrowed my search to a ride 115x or a slyer 12 if anybody has any opinoins on these two boats id love some feedback.
          The slayer looks like a really sweet boat. It lost out to a PA for me only because I do a lot of trolling and wanted my hands free.
          LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Welcome aboard. It's good to have another member in the White Marsh area.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

yes, welcome aboard....im not the new guy anymore, maybe got you by 3 days.....lots of information here that i have been reading up on....also a new kayak fisher, havent gotten out with my christmas gift yet.....thanks for joining....Danno

Comment

Stewartstown Pa. huh? The Susky is in your backyard. If you haven't bought a boat yet, I would suggest a trip to Lancaster County Marine. Nice folks and they have a BIG inventory of yaks. Susky is the Holy Grail of smallmouth fishing in case you don't know that. Most guys up that way won't ever drive past that river to fish the Potomac. The Potomac is a nice flow, but it isn't the Susky.

Nice to have you aboard!
                Hurricane Skimmer 128
                WS Pamlico 100

Comment

lol yeah i know thats one reason i decided to get serious with river smallie fishing and get a yak. the only time ill probaly fish the potmac now is when we go to our cabin in the mountains.yeah ill probably head up there and look. ive been to blue mountain outfitters in marysville and looked at boats. i looked again saturday and i really think i like the slayer. anybody wanna talk me out of it before its too late.lol

Comment

lol yeah i know thats one reason i decided to get serious with river smallie fishing and get a yak. the only time ill probaly fish the potmac now is when we go to our cabin in the mountains.yeah ill probably head up there and look. ive been to blue mountain outfitters in marysville and looked at boats. i looked again saturday and i really think i like the slayer. anybody wanna talk me out of it before its too late.lol
                    Good that your hitting up your local dealers. Dick's and other big box stores might have better deals but its your local dealer that's going to offer demos and let you paddle test. The Native Watercraft Slayer is a nice boat. Its also an awful lot of money to spend without trying it out first.
                    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Obviously I am biased, but I think the Slayer (standard paddle version or Propel version) is a great kayak. Have fun making your final decision then enjoy the new kayak.

John Veil
                      Annapolis
                      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                      X