pedator 13 big rig or pa12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedator 13 big rig or pa12

In trying to sell my kilroy I have narrowed my search down to these 3 kayaks,

Each one of these suits the type of fishing I do... Every type.

I don't like to troll . been fishing for years n think its a waste of time n effort.
    All 3 weigh nearly the same. Weight n paddling is not an issue

What is to me is storage. Manuverbility , ease to get to things in front of behind me

I honestly think its a tie between the bug rig n pa. The predator does gave a quick motor access tho.

Hobie is expensive. Well worth but expensive even to maintain the fins

Jackson makes great boats

Old town took icast winner this year.

I'm torn

Who has any of these 3 _boats and can offer some insight
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Just my 2ยข, have you considered the PA14? When I was comparing the PA12 and PA14 it just didn't make sense to get the 12' unless you have transportation issues. I highly urge you consider the 14 if you like the Pro Angler design. The little bit of extra weight comes with a lot of enhancements over the PA12.
    Live for today, and fish often...
    2014 Pro Angler 14
    St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

I had one before. Its okay. I feel like the 12 is better suited for the smaller bodied of water I fish
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Why not add the new Prowler Big game II to the list? It is a big upgrade from old big game including hi/lo seat
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Im pretty much sold on the Big Rig. Its a beast of a boat...but its awesome too! From what i've read if you're in the low seat its actually a pretty decent speed, but its not gonna set any speed records.

Waiiting til the weather warms a lil, cause as soon as I plop down the $$$ I know Im gonna wanna go out in it.

Comment

if you want to walk around it like a mini bass boat, i can' imagine either of the others being better than the predator. That's what it is made to do.
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

We will have a big rig ,at the mssa expo in Frederick next saturday

Rich
              Valley Mill boats fishing team
              Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
              Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

If it aint a hobie, it aint fo me. Lol
                Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

On the PA12, you have plenty of storage. As far as ease to get things, on the PA you have storage of for your rods. Two rods on each side at your feet You have storage for tackle trays under your seat and a area directly behind your seat for a crate or a place for two small coolers. the forward hatch is a little hard to get to on the fly.
                  The Pa is not maneuverable at low speeds. The fins In my opinion need to be maintained after every trip, so if you keep up maintenance and with the warranty and good customer service the cost of maintenance should be relatively low.

Comment

Was between the pa12 and the big rig myself. Just picked up a big rig at the sportsman show in Harrisburg. I'm the same as you, smaller bodies of water; rivers, lakes, shallows. I didn't want to worry about going through some shallow slow moving water and have to maneuver the PA. If I was more bay and ocean fishing then the PA would have won. Saw bassyaks already has a kit for the big rig.

Comment

JK Big Rig . Will have one at the meet and greet on the 22nd ,contact me if you like to try it out.

Rich, Valley Mill Boats ,Kayak Fishing Team, Jackson Kayaks
                      Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
                      Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Originally posted by moken12 View Post
                        Was between the pa12 and the big rig myself. Just picked up a big rig at the sportsman show in Harrisburg. I'm the same as you, smaller bodies of water; rivers, lakes, shallows. I didn't want to worry about going through some shallow slow moving water and have to maneuver the PA. If I was more bay and ocean fishing then the PA would have won. Saw bassyaks already has a kit for the big rig.
                        moken12, You're going to need to change your screen name!
                        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

i was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X