Dunnock Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunnock Island

Going on an exploration trip tomorrow to Honga river upper cut at second small bridge on 335 after Gootee's Marine. Looks fishy from google earth. Anyone been up through there? I fish With walleye Pete a few times a year and he does a lot of exploration based on google earth to mark new areas and structure. Also the water is quite clear for visualization of small structures that could hold fish. The cut comes out at Dunnock Island and out to the bay. There are quite a few small islands and cuts in this area. Something to do since it's going to be too windy to fish the bay bridge. Anyone interested, will be there about 11 am.

The mouth area of Punch Island Creek can be pretty good in the late summer/fall. Bass (up to mid-twenty inch), snapper blues, puppy drum, flounder, and of course perch, spot and croakers. Otherwise, all I've ever caught in Slaughter Creek is perch and teen-sized bass. Good crabbing can be good there too.

I'm not sure if you're looking to launch off 335 or not, but there is a closer launch to Dunnock Island off Smithville Road.

Pretty cool area too as you are literally in the middle of nowhere once you get out there.
    Brian

Comment

I would be interested in your posting of how you did this time of year if you made it out.

Comment

Working...
      X