Fishing License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing License

Just a reminder to all of you who fish the Wilson Bridge and above it is time to renew your DC fishing License. It is only $13.00 and is good till the end of the year. You can get them on line in just a few minutes.

I know VA is good for 1 year from the purchase date but I am not sure about MD. Better to look at them now then when THE MAN wants to see it.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

The Wilson Bridge & south in MD tidal waters need renewal every Jan 1st... & are good until the end of the year. Same with your nontidal MD license....which is good in your nontidal trib areas south of the Wilson Bridge as well as other nontidal waters throughout MD.

Comment

For all us old pharts 65 or older, you don't need to bother getting a DC license to fish in DC waters. It's free, there is no cost and no paperwork at all. But you do need a good photo ID with birth date (drivers license) on your person so you can prove how old you are to enforcement personnel. I'm guessing DC doesn't want to fool with the paperwork if there is no monetary gain for them. Over the past 10+ years I have been checked 4 times in DC... 3 times in the area of Chain Bridge and once at Fletchers. So yeah, they do check in DC.
      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

And, of course theres the Potomac River Fisheries Commission license but I'll let someone else
        fill in the details about this. I plan on getting a DC license this year besides my MD licences.

Comment

Md licenses run from 1 Jan to 31 December. I don't know why we are so backward here.
          Fishin Bob
          Hobie Pro Angler 14
          Carolina Skiff 18JVX

Comment

And the MAN does show up....or the woMAN. When I was fishing last week with Bill DNR swung by. I was surprised because we were the only boats on the river as far as the eye could see. I would have never expected her to be on the job.
            The gal was very personable and pleasant, thankfully.
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
            X