No announcement yet.

Weekend Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup, i think i might take my jetski out instead of the yak, lmk if any of u want a tow down. lol

Comment

The store on Rt 260 just off Rt 4 is in the first small center on the left. it's called Bay Pro Shop. His websiite says they carry live bait including bull minnows and crawlers. No mention of grass shrimp.

The owner of C & EJ's died and they had an outfit come in to sell off the inventory. Some good deals if your timing was right. It reopened with a new owner but not much stock and now the store is for sale. Every time I pass it I think what a great place it would be for a kayak shop. It's even convenient to a place to launch for test rides.

Comment

Thanks, I found the info for the other shop a short while ago. I never knew the story behind C&EJ's closure. That place gives me memories of when I was a young teen interested in fishing. My father would take me to waysons. He didn't know squat about fishing. When my stuff would get snagged, we'd run over to C&EJ's to get more tackle. I used to like looking at the pics if peoples catch from waysons...hoping to get lucky.

Waysons corner can suck my balls now though lol
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Well, if you decide to go to that shop and get bait, then maybe, that could be a meeting spot for us to meet and follow each other to the launch spot.

Comment

That works for me! I'm planning in getting there around 12:30/12:45.

Comment

If okay I might also join in, its been years since I've fished out of Jug Bay, we used to go there to catch catfish.
              Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
              LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

Cool!!

Comment

Looks like a floatilla is forming.....

Comment

Always a good time with a group. Unfortunately my transducer won't be back from himmunbird yet, so I'll be sans fishfinder.

Comment

Might be hard to work out, but if you can meet me Friday at Eastern Market I can hook you up with my spare and you can use the putty to put it in till yours comes back?
                      Used to fish more.

Comment

In reference to Saturday where are you guys launching from. I know of the place in Croom that is where Jug Bay is, but it sounds like you guys are launching in the Lothian area off of Route 4 and heading south to Jug Bay.
                        Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                        LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

I am not sure, that is why I am going to meet them at the bait shop to stock up and follow them in. I know of two locations off of the Crooms Road also.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                            Might be hard to work out, but if you can meet me Friday at Eastern Market I can hook you up with my spare and you can use the putty to put it in till yours comes back?
                            I appreciate the offer, but I should be alright without it. Friday won't work for me...I might be sneaking the yak out to Allens Fresh that day.

In reference to Saturday where are you guys launching from. I know of the place in Croom that is where Jug Bay is, but it sounds like you guys are launching in the Lothian area off of Route 4 and heading south to Jug Bay.
                            We are launching from Jug Bay @ Patuxent River Park...off of Croom Road/Croom Airport Road. Beforehand, we will be meeting at the bait shop which is down Rt. 4/Rt 260. It's the closest place to get live minnows.

We will leave the bait shop, then drive around to Patuxent River Park.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                              I appreciate the offer, but I should be alright without it. Friday won't work for me...I might be sneaking the yak out to Allens Fresh that day.

We are launching from Jug Bay @ Patuxent River Park...off of Croom Road/Croom Airport Road. Beforehand, we will be meeting at the bait shop which is down Rt. 4/Rt 260. It's the closest place to get live minnows.

We will leave the bait shop, then drive around to Patuxent River Park.

Hey Metroman,

Is the plan still to meet at the baitshop at 12:30pm ? If so I will see you there and follow you into Jugs. Is there a cost for Kayak's to launch from Jugs? You should have my cell number.... if not, then let me know and I will email it to you.....

Comment

It's free

Comment

Working...
                                X