Let me formally introduce myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me formally introduce myself

I have been a member here since last September and I've found a lot of really great advice and enjoy reading the fishing stories and browsing the pictures. My name is Matthew most call me Matty. I'm a lifelong MD resident as well as lifelong fisherman. I live in Baltimore city and I'm new just last year to the world of kayaks. I fell in love with kayaks on my honeymoon kayak fishing the Florida canals with my wife. Here in MD when fishing I just can't find any1 who loves to fish as much as I do. I frequent the patapsco river since I'm basically on top of it every where I turn as well as local ponds. However I'm having trouble finding friends on here to branch out and try new fishing areas. Im a huge fan of fishing LG mouth, all cats, stripers of course and panfish. I want to get out an hit the flounder, crappie, smallmouth etc. I'm incredibly socially awkward but I'm a good guy I just need time to warm up. Any how the reason for my lengthy introduction is I want to get to know some of you guys and learn some new fishing spots and techniques. I'm soooo determined this year to catch some great fish and make some great friends along the way. So what's my best bet? Just come to all the meet and greets and go from there?

You said it. That is the best way to get started. At the M&G, you may find one or two anglers who you can talk to and when you see them at the M&G or arrange to go on a outing separate from the M&G, then you will become familiar with them and before you know it, you are fishing with them and others. You will find that anytime that you want to go fishing, there will most likely be someone to fish with. Another way is to post when, where you are going fishing and what you are targeting. Just invite any to come and post on the thread that you start in this forum. Then post in the Boatyard section on how you and the others did.

Comment

Matthew,

Welcome to Snaggedline.

Hope to see you on the water this year.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I'm not to far from you, down by the airport in Ferndale/Glen Burnie. If you want expand your area of fishing me and the wife hit the Severn on a fairly regular basis and I'm planning on doing some float trips on the Upper Potomac. We can be socially awkward together.

I second hitting the M&Gs. They are like kayak university for me. So much freely give knowledge to be had and wonderful people to boot.

Comment

I'm also new to the group, only been Kayak fishing for a year, and always looking for fishing partners and new places to go! I'm a Carolina Bred Farm Pond Fisherman, and this MD salt, tidal, and brackish water is a new experience for me, but i'm enjoying learning new tecniques and catching different types of fish than i'm used to.
          Actually caught my 1st Rockfish, White Perch and Flounder this past fall, and my 1st Snakehead last Summer!
          Ryan
          BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
          Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Comment

Ill put you on some Smallies in the spring and you can show me the patapsco. lol

Comment

Im new to the site and kayaks too but i can show you some cool places on tje shore for bass and som smallies on the upper potomac. You can show me around some of.the local ponds and we can both learn some stuff.pm me or hit me up on the site as it gets closer to spring.

Comment

Working...
              X