Price of TileFish from the Deep Drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of TileFish from the Deep Drop

Harmat called me and told me that he saw Tilefish fillets selling at Wegman's for $19.99 per pound. I guess for those that caught Tilefish on the Deep Drop Trip, you can figure out how much money you made on your tilefish.

I estimate having about 8 lbs of tile fillets. Not bad at $160 when the trip cost $200. And that does not include BSB. Looking forward to my next trip to target tile and grouper. Any idea on the price of grouper and wreck?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Tests found that 24 of 28 salmon were named accurately. Be that as it may, two "lord salmon" and two "sockeye salmon" filets were really coho, for the most part the most economical of the three salmon species we purchased. At a Wegmans in Manalapan Township, N.J., we paid $17.99 a pound for "ruler salmon" that was really coho. At a similar store, we likewise purchased accurately named coho salmon for $3 less per pound.

Jo Natale, overseer of media relations at Wegmans, told that among different activities, the organization has worked with similar merchants for a long time; purchases entire new fish and skin-on filets, making it simpler to recognize the species; and has worked with associations that help screen the fish that Wegmans sells.
      Wegmans Price Adjustment

Comment

Originally posted by kevipai View Post
        Tests found that 24 of 28 salmon were named accurately. Be that as it may, two "lord salmon" and two "sockeye salmon" filets were really coho, for the most part the most economical of the three salmon species we purchased. At a Wegmans in Manalapan Township, N.J., we paid $17.99 a pound for "ruler salmon" that was really coho. At a similar store, we likewise purchased accurately named coho salmon for $3 less per pound.

Jo Natale, overseer of media relations at Wegmans, told that among different activities, the organization has worked with similar merchants for a long time; purchases entire new fish and skin-on filets, making it simpler to recognize the species; and has worked with associations that help screen the fish that Wegmans sells.
        So the spammers are getting somewhat smarter it seems...
        -Justin

Comment

Working...
        X