Potomac @ Wilson bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac @ Wilson bridge?

Anybody know the condition of the river at the Wilson? Is the water all froze by the kayak launch meow? Thinking about going this weekend....
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Shady - I was thinking of giving it a shot on Sat myself there the weather looks to be a blistering 45 . I don't know the conditions of the launch however figured it flows pretty good AssUME we should be ok.

Comment

The channel runs pretty close to the launch, and with the temps climbing into the 40's on Friday, it will probably be OK. I'll try and get a closer look on my way home today.

Just watch out for ice slabs floating downstream.
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

http://weather.weatherbug.com/weathe...H&camera=NTNLH

Comment

I crossed the potomac further north, on 395 today and uhhh...

<insert witty comment here>

Comment

Looked yesterday on the way home and today on the way in and it appears that the channel is open.
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Still too cold for me. I'm not dodging ice flows to fish.
              Hurricane Skimmer 128
              WS Pamlico 100

Comment

I would guess it's frozen based on today's satellite pic:
                http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/i...terra.250m.jpg

Hopefully, it might thaw by Saturday if it's warm and sunny enough tomorrow and Friday.
                Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Yeah, there's some ice. If you click on the link I posted and click on today, you can watch a series of clips from last night to current time from the National Harbor webcam. Pretty cool. It all had a thin layer of ice last night, then partial melting today. It is hard to tell what the other side looks like from the webcam, but there appears to be thicker ice remaining over that way as of this afternoon.

Comment

Went to take a look yestarday around 1:30 and there was very little to no ice in the channle. Over in the shallow area past the third set of pylings it looked nasty.
                    The dock was clean and no ice around it. I think I will be out there Saturday. Maybe not too early, I will let it warm up a bit.
                    Jim

Hobie Outback
                    TKAA member
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Looks like early morning temps will be well above freezing Saturday and we may even see 50 on Friday. Im pretty sure ill give it a try saturday. Light winds and friendly temps that may not see much of for a while after this weekend
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

As long as nothing comes up I will see you out there. I need my catfish fix.
                        Jim

Hobie Outback
                        TKAA member
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Rockchaser/Shady - thanks for the report and barring any resistance from the wife I plan on being out there by 9 or so on Sat. Hope to see some of you guys out there.

Comment

for fishing for blue cats with chicken breast do you use fresh chicken breast or do you allow it to "ripen up" a little bit?
                            Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Ive always used fresh. Tomorrow im bringing goose livers and hearts and minnows as I dont have any chicken at the house
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X