Meet the Angel of Death (Jan 26, 2914}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet the Angel of Death (Jan 26, 2914}

fOR ME, It's been vey tough to fish regularly for past 4 years. The workload's been too heavy to endure. I have been thinking 'retirement'.

Well, all is well, after I fish for a few hours.

Sometimes, my fishing logs are more about taking videos of fishng than actual fishing, even though fishing and catching are the integral parts of the fishing videos.

This fishing log is for those who pursue kayak-fishing videos:

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Way to find some liquid water Joe. Nice catching and filming. Funny video
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

It's people like you that give us wimps a bad name....

Total cheers UP ! on the go for spirit.

Thanks for firing the stoke to get out on the water !
      Hopefully it will get me out there just to get the paddles wet.

Comment

Joe,
        That's an impressive day of fishing. Looks like you caught more stripers that day than I have in my last 10 trips to Lake Anna. Congratulations. Watching your video raised two questions:

First, since most of your stripers looked about the same size, where do you think the big ones are?

Second, seeing so many stripers I wondered whether they are reproducing in Lake Anna (which I was told wasn't possible)?

What do you think?
        Thanks,
        Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by lordofthemanor View Post
          Joe,
          That's an impressive day of fishing. Looks like you caught more stripers that day than I have in my last 10 trips to Lake Anna. Congratulations. Watching your video raised two questions:

First, since most of your stripers looked about the same size, where do you think the big ones are?

Second, seeing so many stripers I wondered whether they are reproducing in Lake Anna (which I was told wasn't possible)?

What do you think?
          Thanks,
          Bruce

........ I bet they are reproducing unless the are hybrids ......... The Md DNR told us that for over 10 years until they found them spawning above Nicodemous bridge in Liberty

Comment

Bruce,
            I don't know where big ones are in winter. That is my question too. I have used bigger lures (the Chesapeake Bay Lures) but no good result. I think Michael can land a he fishes.... Perhaps I don't fish often enough. Or I don't know how to present the lures to the bigger ones. Lake Anna stripers don't act like the saltwater stripers.
            There must be good spots where bigger ones hang out. But I am not sure that the spots are kayak-reachable.

I heard the stripers in Lake Anna (Chesapeake Bay Strand, not hybrid) can't reproduce. But recently some anglers thinks the stripers have started reproducing...???
            And I think some of them might recognize they need something else and learn what to do just like the kids on Blue Lagoon movie???

Joe
            Last edited by ComeOnFish; 02-01-2014, 06:22 PM.
            Fish like there's no tomorrow.
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

nice video
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
              X