Dundee Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dundee Creek

Has anyone launched to the left of the fishing area in Dundee Creek? I noticed there was a little path through the woods. It ends up on a small sandy beach. Wondering if there are any restrictions there since they have an official free launch site at the Marina.

I've launched there a ton of times. It's the car top launch and there's no fee.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
      I've launched there a ton of times. It's the car top launch and there's no fee.
      Thanks Yak Fish. I've always launched from the Marina near ultimate water ports.

Comment

I launched there this past summer. Hit the grass HARD with not even a sniff. Is that area usually productive?
        Native Slayer 12
        Native Ultimate

Comment

I've had some luck around the edges of the grass. Never pulled anything big out there though!

Comment

I don't find it productive for anything but carp, perch and catfish to be completely honest. There are bass in there but there are way better places to go. The bass fisherman hit the shorelines one after another so those fish see a lot of lures. Then again, you may be way better than I so your luck may be different. I've heard Shady catch a couple of stripers in there.

Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

When I was in high school ~20yrs ago, we used to catch a ton of yp in there. I remember the water clarity being much better back then, too.
              Native Slayer 12
              Native Ultimate

Comment

When I was kid 30 years ago that was regarded as about the best tidal bass fishery in the state. What Happened?
                Hurricane Skimmer 128
                WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin View Post
                  When I was kid 30 years ago that was regarded as about the best tidal bass fishery in the state. What Happened?
                  I think the area in general has bass, Middle River I believe is better. Really though, the flats further north have so many areas for bass that can be pretty big that I rarely fish anywhere else.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

I think the area in general has bass, Middle River I believe is better. Really though, the flats further north have so many areas for bass that can be pretty big that I rarely fish anywhere else.
                    There is some good water north of there for sure. I had a banner day at J-Towne last summer.
                    Hurricane Skimmer 128
                    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

I tried yakkin the flats two times last year. I managed to find a few throwing frogs on low tide, but once the tide came in, I didn't know what to do. Any tips for fishing the flats on high water?
                      Native Slayer 12
                      Native Ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by gliebig View Post
                        I tried yakkin the flats two times last year. I managed to find a few throwing frogs on low tide, but once the tide came in, I didn't know what to do. Any tips for fishing the flats on high water?
                        Get one of those super shallow diving crankbaits and they'll skim across the tops of the weeds when the tide comes in. They've saved the day for me. Spinner baits are also very good because they're semi weedless. Guys use jigs and chatterbaits early in the season, like march april.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                        Torqeedo Pro Staff
                        Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Working...
                        X