College Kayak Fishing Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Kayak Fishing Series

So I was reading more into this event today and to be eligible you only have to be registered for one class at a college for the semester. www.collegekayakfishing.com

I thinking about trying to do some of the freshwater events this spring. They have a team category and an individual category. I will most likely compete as an individual, cause I don't know anyone else at my Anne Arundel CC that yak fishes. But they also may allow for teams to be made up of individuals from multiple schools locally.

I'm just trying to see who is in college or taking a class that might be interested. They have some great sponsors, plenty of prizes and they offer scholarships as prizes as well.

I emailed the organizer to see if they would be interested in adding an event on the Potomac at Mattawoman, but the other close events are in VA and PA. Also, asking a few other questions like Age limit. So we'll see what the response is.

Post here or PM me if you might be interested.

Im at AACC at the moment... taking 2 classes... lets rip lips
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
      Im at AACC at the moment... taking 2 classes... lets rip lips
      Now were talking, I texted CJ Espey too (owener of Bust em Baits) I know he's taking a few classes for his masters.

Comment

keep me in the loop... just let me know.. I take classes on saturday mornings
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

would i be eligible to join the team being in VA? looking to fish a few more tournaments this year
          Judd Fleming

RVA

Comment

My real college days are long behind me and I doubt many other grandfathers will be competing in this tournament.

But I am registered for a non-credit history course at AACC this spring.

Good luck in fielding your team.

I'm sure you guys will bring honor to the AACC Pioneers.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I am signed up at AACC for a 2-hour class on chocolate and red wine next week. I doubt that I qualify for student status either.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

John,

I'm learning about the War of 1812 in the Chesapeake.

Your class is definitely more appetizing.

bon appetit
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                  So I was reading more into this event today and to be eligible you only have to be registered for one class at a college for the semester. www.collegekayakfishing.com

I thinking about trying to do some of the freshwater events this spring. They have a team category and an individual category. I will most likely compete as an individual, cause I don't know anyone else at my Anne Arundel CC that yak fishes. But they also may allow for teams to be made up of individuals from multiple schools locally.

I'm just trying to see who is in college or taking a class that might be interested. They have some great sponsors, plenty of prizes and they offer scholarships as prizes as well.

I emailed the organizer to see if they would be interested in adding an event on the Potomac at Mattawoman, but the other close events are in VA and PA. Also, asking a few other questions like Age limit. So we'll see what the response is.

Post here or PM me if you might be interested.
                  I am at the university of Maryland College Park. I wouldn't mind fishing for your school though. Let me know what they say.
                  The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                    I am signed up at AACC for a 2-hour class on chocolate and red wine next week. I doubt that I qualify for student status either.
                    John- If you get a chance try my favorite red- Cakebread Cellars 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon- I think you will like it...
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I doubt very much if several of us old farts taking a class is in the spirit of a college kayak fishing team.... Let the young real college students have it.... my opinion only...
                      http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
                      484-459-9863
                      If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
                      *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Yes, it would not be in the spirit of competition to beat those with less experience.
                        Mark
                        Pasadena, MD

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                          John- If you get a chance try my favorite red- Cakebread Cellars 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon- I think you will like it...
                          Very nice bottle! Good choice!
                          Hurricane Skimmer 128
                          WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Full time grad student at Georgetown... Night classes, 3 days a week, no classes Friday to Sunday. No day obligations. Let me know if we can do a local team.

Comment

Still waiting on some info from the directors... I wish this was around 4-5 years ago when I was getting my first degree at St. Mary's College of MD... Could have had team practice right on the river at the college every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X