No announcement yet.

Anyone know if the Susky is iced over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know if the Susky is iced over?

Itching to get some yellow perch but I hate to drive up there if I can't make it across the river

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

I was there last week to get an idea of the conditions. The middle of the river is clear, but Jean Roberts ramp was still an iceberg. I threw a small boulder the size of a softball as far as I could, and it just bounced across the ice. The river was clear of ice about the third bridge support out. I am sure the conditions are improving, but launch points are an issue. Might want to just drive across and see if Owen's Marina ramp is doable...if you want to pay the Hatem toll.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Not that my observations will help you any... but on Friday I drove Route 11/15 along the Susky River from Harrisburg, PA up to the I-81 bridge. I was on my way to the Great American Outdoor Show. The river there looked like a giant glacier with big thick layers of ice pushed over more ice until it looked like an Arctic wasteland in termoil... or like those pics you see of giant glaciers in Alaska. All the ice was frozen in place from side to side, nothing was moving. Quite a site to see. Soooo, there lots of really cold water still making it's way down to the Flats.
      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Thanks guys. My family lives in PA so I can see the susky further north as well when I get back home. Two weeks ago it was iced straight across the Rt 30 span.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Working...
        X