queens landing, Kent Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• queens landing, Kent Island

This really is a kayak fishing oriented question.

My wife and I are seriously considering moving to Kent Island. A big part motivation is my recreational passion of kayak fishing.

Anyway, we are looking at Queens Landing and I just thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone has any experience or knowledge of that community.

I took it as an omen when the realtor at one of the open houses mentioned the kayak launch - completely out of the blue.

Thanks
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

I own a house in Gibsons Grant ( presently for sale) and have fished Macum Creek and the jetty at Queens Landing by kayak. Gibsons Grant has a kayak launch in the back of creek. I have caught lots of white perch, a few puppy drum and small rock mostly on small spinners and grubs.
    Macum creek is real shallow and has fallen trees on Queens Landing side,if Four Season sub division (1050 homes)is built I'm sure that the tress will be removed.

Good luck on your real estate search!

Larry

Comment

Thank you for the info and the fishing report.
      ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

I lived over in Queens Landing for 2 years when I first moved to MD 6 years ago. Hit the rock jetty that leads into the marina early in the morning or later in the evening and you will get bit from a Rock. Lots of perch and spot around the docks.

Comment

Darryl,

I don't know about the Queens Island community but a good thing about Kent Island (Queen Anne's County) is that it has many public landings. I wish Anne Arundel County where I live provided as many launches as Kent Island. I purchased an annual launch permit for Queen Anne's county last year and it was well worth the $35 fee. I launched many times at several different ramps on the island. Each site was productive.

Good luck in your Kent Island real estate search. Wherever you buy there you won't be far from great fishing.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Moving there puts you that much closer to the good fishing that the eastern shore offers.

Comment

Working...
            X