Pasadena Sportfishing Expo/flea market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasadena Sportfishing Expo/flea market

The Pasadena Sportfishing group is having a fishing expo and flea market this weekend 2/15/14-2/16/14 from 8am to 2pm. Has anyone been to this expo before? From what I have herd it is pretty big and they have moved to a new building for the event. It will be held at 1911 Crain Hwy Glen Burnie, MD 21061. With all the snow we just had, I'm just wondering if it was worth the drive out there? If anybody has been and can share some insight on the expo please let me know. Or if anyone is interested in attending. It is 3 dollars to get in.
    Tan-Tarpon 140
    Lime-Pelican Matrix
    Yellow-Scrambler XT

I have gone in the past but not sure if I am going this year. There are usually some deals to be found and you can sometimes negotiate a little.
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I drove to the show this morning and arrived at 8:45. I spent 15 mins in a long slow line of vehicles looking for a parking space in the hall's parking lot and was unsuccessful. I left and returned home. Some folks were parking in other businesses and neighborhoods 1/4-mile to 1/2-mile away and walking back over roads that had no plowed shoulders or sidewalks. That did not look safe to me.

If you do go today or Sun, get there just before it opens at 8:00 or wait until late morning when the first wave of visitors has cleared out.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That's too bad you weren't able to get in John. I went last year where they held it at Earleigh Heights Fire Hall on Ritchie Hwy. There was plenty of parking there.

Parking aside, it is worth going. Last year, I chatted up Keith Lockheart (sp?) of the DNR weekly fishing blog and he shared some insights. I bought my 2013 license there too, I think. If you're in the market for tackle, there's no shortage of course, both new and used.

Also, good eating; raw and fried oyster, pit beef, the usual dogs and chicken, and cold beer.

Comment

I went with SurfDog on Saturday. We got there early and had the pick of our parking spaces. We got there at 7:40am. Then we got inline to go in at 8:10am. We left around 10:30am. It was good as always. It has become my favorite fishing flee market to go to along with the Tristate Flea Market. I did pickup some supplies. Even at the old location, SurfDog and I have always gone early.

Comment

Working...
          X