new idea minn kota battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new idea minn kota battery?

good day everyone, came upon this video and was wondering if it would work with minn kota.

Looks like its would work to me. Lithium Ion should handle that motor fine and would works for depth finders also.

Langston is going to get all excited over this! Dude is using Lithium Ion batteries and has Nutella on the shelf behind him.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
      Looks like its would work to me. Lithium Ion should handle that motor fine and would works for depth finders also.

Langston is going to get all excited over this! Dude is using Lithium Ion batteries and has Nutella on the shelf behind him.
      Yeah, I'm definitely interested but I'm waiting to hear what MetroMan has to say about this setup.
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I stopped watching at 1 min. the cat & his voice...

I'll give it another shot soon lol
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Ok, just watched it in its entirety. Definitely cool...he did a pretty damn good job on construction as well. I'd rather shell out the cash for higher capacity cells opposed to running a bunch of smaller cells like he did. Back when I was doing my research I got a ton of info from Electric vehicle websites and message boards. I will probably build a smaller battery sometime this year. If/when I do, I'll be getting cells from batteryspace.com

+2 for the nutella and the KFC bucket

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
            Ok, just watched it in its entirety. Definitely cool...he did a pretty damn good job on construction as well. I'd rather shell out the cash for higher capacity cells opposed to running a bunch of smaller cells like he did. Back when I was doing my research I got a ton of info from Electric vehicle websites and message boards. I will probably build a smaller battery sometime this year. If/when I do, I'll be getting cells from batteryspace.com

+2 for the nutella and the KFC bucket

those cells are $5.95 on that website, you can get a 12 cell hp battery 12v 9.5ah @ $25 on eb_y.
            investing $150 and few hours of your time you can get a nice pack that is 12V and 57.6Ah
            and the good part, it's under 10lbs!!

Comment

Yeah, the weight advantage is great.

Whats the chemical make-up of those HP batteries? Manganese? Cobalt?

Comment

Working...
              X