Favorite Fishin Places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Fishin Places

Springtime is around the corner, i know everyone is itchin! Name your 3 favorite fishing places and target fish!
    I'll go first!

Mattawoman: Mattingly Park
    LM Bass and Snakehead

Rocky Gorge:
    Crappie

Private Farm Pond in Brandywine:
    Bass, Crappie, and Catfish
    Ryan
    BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
    Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Susquehanna Flats and Lapidum Launch: Stripers

Weems Creek / Severn River: Stripers and perch

Mattawoman: Snakehead and scenery
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

how is the susky? I heard the waves and the boaters are unforgiving. I also heard that LM Bass can be up to 5lbs hinding in the grasses.
      Ryan
      BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
      Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Comment

Originally posted by rjte85 View Post
        how is the susky? I heard the waves and the boaters are unforgiving. I also heard that LM Bass can be up to 5lbs hinding in the grasses.
        Hey Ryan...no real problems with boaters. Mostly Jonboats upriver and bass boats on the flats and trolling banks. The bags in some of the bass tourneys there are enormous, I think the tidal water really puts some size on them. Great fishery for stripers, smallmouth, LM, perch, shad, and catfish.

The chop can get nasty out on the flats due to no protection, but just keep an eye on Windfinder.com location: Havre de Grace. With a paddle yak, anything over 10mph will give you sore arms in the morning. Anything over 15mph is dangerous on the flats, learned the hard way. Upriver provides more protection and variety of fish. Right now is great for yellow perch, then comes the shad...and then the white perch will spawn in late april. Some actually live-line with white perch for stripers since no spot are on hand because of low salinity.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

1. Goodhands Creek Landing -- It offers protected waters during windy days and relatively easy access to bigger water.

2. Jonas Green -- It's close to home and the white perch provide fast and constant action in the summer when the stripers are playing hard-to-get.

3. Whitehall Bay -- The rocky shorelines hold good fish and the scenery with the bridges in the foreground is impressive.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

i'll have to try it someday, if you don't mind, i might have to pick your memory banks for launching locations and fishing tips for that location
            Ryan
            BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
            Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Comment

1. College Creek- white perch every cast
              2. Gunpowder River- trout on the fly rod
              3. Trappe Creek- blue crabs
              Jackson
              Jackson Cuda 12
              Field and Stream SOT
              "It is often beyond our reach to describe to others the effect upon the soul that the fellowship of men upon a river, rod in hand, brings." John Eldredge

Comment

Brunswick -Upper Potomac - Smallies
                SwainsLock Upper Potomac - Smallies
                Deep Creek Lake - Pickeral , Walleye, Pike, BIG Bluegill, Yellow Perch, SMB, and LMB

Black Hills - LMB

Tidal Potomac =- Anywhere from Wison Bridge to Mattawoman. - LMB, Crappie, Yellow Perch , and Catfish
                Hurricane Skimmer 128
                WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Upper Potomac River. Anyplace really. Smallies. Sounds like I fish a lot of places near Runnin does.
                  Mattawoman - Largemouth and Snakeheads Don't like the boys in their generator boats bow fishing for snakeheads at night with spot lights.
                  Triadelphia - It's so close to home.

Comment

1. Marshall Hall (Cats, Striper, and LMB) - its close to home, nice ramps, plenty of parking, and the channel runs close to shore. Great place to go if I don't have much time.
                    2. Point Lookout (Striper, Croaker, Bluefish, Spot, and sometimes Trout) - so many options... Bay, river, creek, lake... take your pick.
                    3. Seneca Breaks, Upper Potomac (Smallies) - was my goto spot growing up. Did a lot of wading there back in the day. But Edwards Ferry, Point of Rocks, Brunswick... its all good.
                    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
                    X