Hello all! Question about fishing with kids at Beverly-Triton Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all! Question about fishing with kids at Beverly-Triton Park

Hi everyone. Just found your great forum and I had a question. I live in Arlington, VA and have been looking for a safe and uncrowded place to take my kids fishing not too far away from home. They are 9, 7, and 5 years old and so a bit limited in ability/mobility still. We have been to B-T Park several times for beachcombing and they love it. But I have wondered if there could be any fishing opportunities for them there also. It looked to me like croakers/spot or perch or even flounder might be attracted to the breakwaters or otherwise reachable from the jetties in the warmer months. My kids don't care about size or species. They just want to catch something. Have any of you had any experience with fishing the structure there? I'm not asking for any secrets, just whether we should even bother with it. Any help would be appreciated!

BTW, I am an experienced and respectful angler and used to do a lot of kayak fishing 10-12 years ago in the sweet water (mostly for smallies) before I started a family and lost all my free time!

Its very shallow between the shore and the rock piles.

Although you didn't ask.... I think you might find Point Lookout State Park to be more suitable for what you want to do.
    There are multiple options for fishing down there. The causeway Bay side, the causeway lake side, Bay fishing pier, about a mile of Bay shoreline, and a similar amount of Potomac River shoreline. They also have canoe and kayak rentals but I think that part is closed until April.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Thanks, Buzz. How about off the jetties at B-T-Park? Worth a try? I'll look into Point Lookout.

Anybody else?

Comment

Sorry spud... wouldn't know, but I would guess some fresh bloodworms would attract some spot.
        I've only fished there a couple times and both times I didn't drop a line until well past the jetties.
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
        X