Hobbies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbies?

No, that's not a typo. Anybody have any other hobbies aside from kayak fishing? I used to be into model railroading when I was younger. Fun times!
    <insert witty comment here>

fishing in general, hunting, mountain and road biking, hanging with my daughter.

Comment

Couch anchoring ........ TV watching ......... buying fishing, rod making and lure making crap ......... dreaming about yaking, fishing, rod building and lure making

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
        I used to be into model railroading when I was younger. Fun times!
        That's funny. I used to do model WWII airplanes. I had about 100 hanging from the ceiling by fishing line in my room at my folks' place reinacting various air battles I read about.

Other hobbies--photography, gardening with native plants (especially those that are edible or have cool flowers), keeping native fishes. I think those are the big ones...
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Hmm hobbies... Kayak fishing took over that! I used to be big in fly fishing and tying, need to pick the wand up again this year.

Other than that most outdoor stuff and I used to tinker with computers quite a bit, not much fun on the side now. I've got a few home improvement projects in the works and I'm planning on building some furniture once I get my kayaks out of the garage. Other than that, fishing or fishing related activities get most of my free time.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

For me, I like crabbing out of my Canoe and I also love to play Raquetball twice a week. Also, I like to play the occasional Left for Dead online Video Game too. But Fishing in general and kayak fishing are my mainstay.

Comment

oh yeah ........ hard drinking and chasing women that can't run much ......... and trying to figure out what I wolud do if I ever caught one .......

Comment

MOC ........ thanks for reminding me ........

......... I promised my girlfriend I would give her crabs this year .......

Haven't had sex this year ........... maybe if I give her crabs we can get it on again ........

Comment

lol!

I also used to be into model rockets.
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Mountain Biking, Motorcycles, Brewing Beer, Drinking Beer, frequenting dive bars, Computers, Running, Auto repair. No particular order.....
                    Digital Livewell

Comment

Motorcycles, home improvement, furniture making, welding, photography, firearms, bow hunting, waterfowl hunting, skiing, snowboarding, drinking, rugby, softball, camping, hiking, shooting (pistols, long range target, skeet), etc. Anything to keep busy right?

Comment

When I retired, I wanted to get back into fishing, so I got a kayak, as to get back into it gradually. I had planned on getting another boat, but now I am quite satisfied with the kayak. So kayak fishing is way up there on the hobbie/sport list. I have been building fishing rods for about 30-years. Of course, I rank that in the fishing area. Love to go crabbing also.

I also keep some tropical fish, African Cichlids, a 180 and a 210 gallon tank. The fish are interesting. I once had a 40 lb Amazon Redtail Catfish. I got him when he was no larger than my thumb. That was amazing. I would buy him catfish chunks at Giant. I would tap on the tank and he would come up and eat from hand. That was back when I was working. I was the NALC union president in Annapolis, at the post office. The catfish was named George. He was named after the postmaster. I was always amazed at how catfish hunt with their wiskers.

I was also a fanatical waterfowl hunter in years past. Mostly I hunted so that I could use the dogs, labs, which I had trained. When a few of my better dogs got old and died, I kinda got out of waterfowl hunting. Dog training was a year round thing, which really cut into my fishing.

I have done most of the things that some of you have mentioned. However, now I have come full circle and am back into my fishing. Kayak fishing is very utilitarian. I have used the kayak from the upper Potomac to the bay to Ocean City. When we resume our yearly trek to Florida, the kayak is always going with me. I think this summer I want to make it to OBX a few times. I dabble in the yard and gardening, but it always comes back to fishing and crabbing.

Comment

used to be into woodworking but fishing pushed that to the background years ago, did have to pull out the finish nailer last week to replace all the trim in my basement rec room for my wife

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                            used to be into woodworking but fishing pushed that to the background years ago, did have to pull out the finish nailer last week to replace all the trim in my basement rec room for my wife

Thats alright Surf, its still winter. Get the honeydos out of the way now.

Comment

When not attending my kid's soccer games, baseball games, wrestling matches, cub scout events, etc, etc, I can shoe-horn some fishing, cycling, beer brewing and guitar in there somewhere.
                              Hobie PA 12

Comment

Working...
                              X