Tandem yak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
    just watching wfauby's video would make me opt for 2 singles. Good God, all he did was take off his daughter's fish the whole day.
    I do that with my ladies even though everyone has their own boat! Ha Ha
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by jhoss View Post
      John, smart thinking. A smaller single might be the best solution. I actually took her out last spring with my boat and a small sit inside that I have, tethered to the back with a short rope. It worked pretty well and seemed to be fun for her, I just thought a 2 person might be even better. Plus putting 2 boats on top of my little subaru is a little sketchy.

Any suggestions for a smallish SOT a kid can paddle?
      as you saw in the video fishoing with your kid on tandem can be lots of fun. If you're looking for a kids Kayak i'd look at the Ocean Kayak venus (made for women)....but the most kid friendly kayak around is a sit inside...the mini tripper....http://jacksonkayak.com/jk-kayaks/re...s/minitripper/
      Kids can really get around in this thing!
      Since you plan on keeping your TYrident...why not go with a tandem as long as it can be paddled as a single as well
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input. That's what I love about this site, always lots of good ideas
        John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
        Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I have been fishing on an old town tandem sit in fro years. I bought it so I could fish with the kids. I have loved every splash of the paddle with or without the kids but I did just buy a smaller single SOT with a wider base for stability.
          2000 Old Town Loon 138T
          2013 Field and Stream Eagle Talon

Comment

Working...
          X