Need some Intel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Intel!

Am planning to take my new (to me!) Jackson KilRoy out this Saturday for it's Maiden voyage, can anyone give me some intel on either Little Seneca Lake or St Mary's Lake? I've read that their Tagged as "Trophy Bass" lakes, are they any good? How and where should i fish them? Also want to catch dinner, how is the Crappie fishing in these 2 lakes? Which one is more productive?
    Ryan
    BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
    Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Its been a number of years since I've fished either one, but here's my 2 cents anyway.

Little Seneca Lake. Excellent LMB fishery. We always did well with surface baits in the morning then switching to white grubs as the day wore on. Black crappie can be found suspended in some deep holes over structure.

St. Mary's Lake. Couldn't find a bass in there to save my life. Caught a few small crappie but you'd have to use super ultralight combo to make it any fun. Water always looked muddy to me. Finally got to the point where I felt I was just wasting my time there. Hopefully its improved over the years.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Thanks, i appreciate your help!
      Ryan
      BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
      Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Comment

I've never fished either of these lakes, but for me, pre-spawn springtime bass=Spinnerbaits. Smaller in-line ones like Mepps or big double bladed have both worked for me in the past. Try varying your retrieve until you find out what works. I think the water temps are still a little cold, but maybe they'll warm up by the weekend
        BRETT
        Red/Yellow COBRA Navigator

Comment

Working...
        X