Severn Run Recon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
    During the past few springs, I started looking for white perch in the Severn shoreline shallows near the end of April. I did not find any until the first or second week of May.
    So, I am thinking around Memorial Day weekend this season considering how far we have to go between 45 degree and 65 degree temps, at least for action in the shallows.

I'll try do do a little research and see if there will be any beneficial effects from the cold winter.

Comment

I don't know if the migration to the shoreline habitats is driven by water temp, length of daylight, availability of prey, or some other factor. In any case I don't think their arrival will be delayed as late as Memorial Day.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

[QUOTE=J.A. Veil;80719]I don't know if the migration to the shoreline habitats is driven by water temp, length of daylight, availability of prey, or some other factor. In any case I don't think their arrival will be delayed as late as Memorial Day.

[/QUOTE

I hope you're right John. I'll be following the posts closely as we get further into Spring.

BTW, I found nothing much on the cold winter's impact on fisheries, except a big spot kill back in January that scientists said was caused by the sudden drop in temps. That particular event is not expected to have much if any effect on the spot going forward.

Comment

Working...
        X