Florida trip, part one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida trip, part one.

Got an invite from the daughter to visit in Bradenton, fl. Was getting tired of the snow and general lousy weather..tractor, snow (2).jpg So I loaded up the Hobie and headed out... March 3, I was south bound on 95 just ahead of another winter storm. When I took this picture the wife said four to eight inches was expected. I told her the shovel was in the shed. He He. It was 80 degrees. sign.jpg In the Bradenton, Anna Maria Island area there is water every where, so finding a place to launch is easy. Any of the beaches or around the bridge over passes will work. There are hardly any restrictions. We would be fishing Palma Sola Bay, the east side of Anna Maria sound, the south side of Perico Bayou and heading up to Ruskin to fish Cockroach Bay. Fishing turned out to be not so good but we were on the water and the weather was warm. We need live bait but the stuff caught in the nets around the docks this time of year is to small. We are using mainly gulp and live shrimp. Here is the jet ski trailer loaded up and heading out.trailer.jpg Here is a picture of a snook I caught w/a white gulp. He was chasing some bait fish when my lure landed next to him.snook1.jpg We noticed some dude was living on this boat. He moves it around occasionally. boat motel 2.jpg It looks like a wall of mangroves, mangroves.jpg but if you look closer you will find this tunnel that take you over to Robinson Preserve. robinson preserve.jpg I caught these two black drum in there.two black drum.jpg This is what we are looking for. fish in lap.jpg Mainly red fish, but anything for the table. Here is the son in law w/a a nice red. Aarons red fish.jpg Unable to post any more pics on this post so I will continue with part two.

This August my family vacation will be to Anna Maria Island. I plan on fishing every day.

Comment

Not bad. That's a good escape from the **&T^%%$$# weather.
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
      X