High viz line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High viz line

I was wondering what everyone's thought on high viz line is? Both braid and mono and for salt and fresh. Does it affect the bite in anyway? Thanks for sharing the wealth!

PRO -I use Fireline flame green on all my saltwater spinning rods. High-viz line is especially useful when vertical jigging heavy metals. Sometimes a slight tic of the line might be the only sign of a hit...and high-viz makes it easier to see that slight tic of the line.

High-viz is also very important during "combat fishing", like at the base of Conowingo Dam during the shad runs. High-viz line allows you and everyone else nearby to see your line.

CON -I've noticed on many occasions when fishing very shallow, very clear water, that lmbass & smallies will bolt when high-viz line is cast over them. I have no doubt that they see the line passing overhead before the lure even hit the water. I saw this many times on the Susky at Harrisburg while fishing the rocky shallows for smallies during low flow, very clear water conditions.. Once they'd bolt then they were gone, and sometimes taking their buddy bass with them. For these conditions I use the original dark-colored Fireline.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! It was very informative.

Comment

Working...
      X