Rough maiden voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough maiden voyage

So today was the maiden voyage for my pro angler 12. It was a beautiful day so I could not resist taking it out. Soon after putting it in the water the wind gust picked up like crazy. I pretty much came to the conclusion that I would not be fishing. I got a nice leg workout with the mirage drive and I can tell just from my brief outing that I will be loving the Hobie when I finally get to do some fishing from it. I rigged up my Garmin fish finder to the Lowrance mount and thus was the death of my Garmin. It was cutting on and off and would not read my depth at all, I tried just about everything to get it working. So now after spending $3,000 on the PA I have to also buy a new fish finder. When it rains it pours! (this might be the only time that that saying is actually a good thing) Going to have to pick up some OT at work at this point.

Your brave, wind was blowing a gale, and water temp is still 39. Hope you have a dry suit!
    Jackson Cuda Black Widow

Comment

Misery loves company: I paid $100 for a baitcaster fishing pole ( not including the reel) and broke it last week. I only used it a few times and have never, ever paid that kind of money for a fishing pole, and won't (can't) again. How about I'll tell you where the fish are with my FF and you can catch them with your fishing pole.
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

Better times are just around the corner.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
          Misery loves company: I paid $100 for a baitcaster fishing pole ( not including the reel) and broke it last week. I only used it a few times and have never, ever paid that kind of money for a fishing pole, and won't (can't) again. How about I'll tell you where the fish are with my FF and you can catch them with your fishing pole.
          I just did the same thing fighting a big striper. The store took it back. I only had it a week. They should have a 1 year warranty.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Sounds like a power issue with the FF. Make sure all connections are good and make sure you have an inline fuse in your setup. It sounds simple but make sure your battery is fully charged. Otherwise if you have a faulty unit then take it back. Or are you thinking its not working because its not lowrance?
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Shady, It is an old Garmin Fishfinder 120 that I got for free so no return options...haha. battery is good and so is the connection. Looks like it is the wire itself. I was moving it by the connector and the unit was cutting off.

Comment

Sounds like a little "crud" on the connector at the back of the unit. try to clean that before spending $$$ for a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by dtandrade View Post
                  So now after spending $3,000 on the PA I have to also buy a new fish finder. When it rains it pours! (this might be the only time that that saying is actually a good thing) Going to have to pick up some OT at work at this point.
                  Welcome to B.O.A.T. ownership...by the way BOAT is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand...although fishing from a kayak is waayyy cheaper than a powerboat...generally. Im still putting fresh line on the reels, organizing my tackle box...resisting the urge to get out early.
                  Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Working...
                  X