First GoPro Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First GoPro Video

I fished with Neil Taylor of Strike Three Kayak Fishing and my Father In Law in Tampa Bay last week. The fishing was a little tough do to the weather but we did okay. Probably 6-8 trout to the lower 20" range and more than a dozen flounder, up to some pretty nice sized ones. This was also my first chance to test out the GoPro I got for Christmas. I'm open for pointers, so fire away! Yes, the hook removal was a little rough but he swam off just fine.

This was my first trout of the day and the first fish on my new Quantum PTI reel. Very nice. If this works out well I'll post a few more clips.

Okay, now if I could only get the clip to upload...it's just shy of 2mb. Too large?

Sorry, make that 1.9 GB. Ok, so it was filmed in full 1080p. The clip is about a minute and forty-five seconds. How do I get the file size down to something reasonable?

OK, let's give this a shot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IExt...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by dsiekman; 03-16-2014, 09:10 AM.
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

I found that if you plug the go pro into your pc's USB port, and then use explore to go into the gopro, copy it to the local hard drive, it will upload a lot faster. If you put it on youtube, it will compress it.
    Jackson Cuda Black Widow

Comment

OK, so it looked much better in its native format. The YouTube version looks pretty rough and dark.
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

The video looked fine to me.

Congrats on your catches.

It was good to see Neil closing in for a photo shot of your fish.

He runs a good guide service.

I hope to fish with him again next winter.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks, Mark. It looks ok, it just looked much better before being compressed.

Yes, Neil does run a good service. My FIL and I had a good time and a beautiful day on the water.
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Also, gopro recommends this media player, I found it made a huge difference in playback. A lot smoother.
            http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
            Jackson Cuda Black Widow

Comment

Working...
            X