Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling to Oahu...Worth bringing a travel Spinning rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to Oahu...Worth bringing a travel Spinning rod?

I will be traveling to Hawaii in a few short months... Is it worth while to bring a couple of rods with me? Ill have a car at my disposal...

how about a local guide for some Flats fishing?
    Anyone out there have any experience???

Rub in in why don't you!
    If you have the time, I'd def fish. I've never been there but anytime you get a good opportunity, it'll be an experience to remember. For new areas, guides are really helpful. If the fishing is possible from shore, you could just head over to walmart and buy "something disposable" I hate traveling wtih rods.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by RayMills View Post
      I will be traveling to Hawaii in a few short months... Is it worth while to bring a couple of rods with me?
      Enjoy the trip and of course take a rod! I spent a couple days in Kailua HI last summer and did a little kayak and shore fishing. The wind and kayak I had avaialable (touring) kept me from hitting the deep water but I managed to troll up a couple lady fish with xr8 xraps. Also saw a couple anglers on the beach with some nice bonefish. Good luck and dont forget the camera, its a beautiful place.

Comment

Definitely bring at least one rod. I spent 4 years on the Big Island and the fishing can be phenomenal at times.

If you can get out on a kayak, I'd do so. In fact, if I were going out there for a few months, I'd try to pick up something used as soon as I got out there. Just sell it or donate it before you have to come back.

Have a great time!

Comment

I travel to flat and the Caribbean a lot and always bring at least 4 rods.

Comment

Caught five or six hammerhead pups over at Kaneohe bay 2 summers ago. I would say it's with brinng a rod and feel with you.

Comment

Working...
            X