getting ready for June M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting ready for June M&G

Since I'm planning on attending the June M&G in Rumbly I though it was time I actually started "planning".

Being a 3 hour drive for me, I figure I'll get a room over there. But where?
    Expedia pointed me to an Econo Lodge in Princess Anne. But only 2 stars.... hmmm I may as well be camping. What about Jane's Island campground?

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a place to stay near Rumbly?
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

My brother and I stayed in a small camper cabin right along the canal last June. They have electric and a window a/c unit but no running water. You walk ( or run because of the flies) to the bathhouse. I am not sure if the Rumbly M & G spot is within paddle distance from there, likely not so you'd need to drive to that put-in.

The Jaynes Island cabins were fine. They have a fire pit on your site, and I brought a small Webber grill. It's a beautiful location, but wear light long sleeve shirts and pants and bring a broad brimmed hat and Deep Woods Deet, the bugs are unreal that time if year.

Price is right if I recall; between $50-60 a nite and they sleep up to four on two bunks. Two or three adults max would be more comfortable. Google Jaynes Island State Park for more info and to
    reserve. They also have tent sites if you're a real camper. At this point, the few extra bucks for a cabin was worth the extra few bucks a nite, if only to get out of the heat and humidity.
    Last edited by Fishinfool; 04-01-2014, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I've don't have any recommendations on places as I've never stayed at any of the local hotels/motels, but...

There is no lodging in Rumbley; Crisfield is closest but only offers two motels I think (Paddlewheel and Pines?); and Princess Anne and Pocomoke are equal distance from Rumbley. Pocomoke is south though and obviously a little further drive if coming from the north.

Janes Island State Park isn't too bad for camping but might be slightly buggy in June. Bonus however of being able to fish from the campground in addition to the M&G.
      Brian

Comment

Working...
      X