Kaku kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaku kayak

Last year about this time I came across these kayaks, and they really caught my eye. I took one for a test ride, and was everything I was looking for. I took the plunge and got one in Oct, and couldnt be happier with it. I am not a small guy, I'm 6'7, about 250lbs, the Kaku Mahi 14 is the most stable kayak I have paddled. Not only stable, but easy to paddle, and tracks very well. Doesn't come with all the bells and whistles, but has plenty of room to customize. I would highly suggest this kayak to anyone not looking to break the bank, but wants a kayak that will handle all the waters around here. I just recently saw Kaku released a 12ft model that is launching this spring.

Interesting boats. They look functional enough
    Funny, though, that a 14' yak that is 31" wide only has a weight capacity of 330lbs? Odd.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

For some reason I thought the weight capacity was 500 lbs. I've had at least 300 lbs in mine, and had no issues what so ever.

Comment

Thought , "Hmmmm maybe I was not wearing my glases and it was 550..........got glasses, read....cleaned them, read,......still 330lbs. PRETTY BOATS
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
          Thought , "Hmmmm maybe I was not wearing my glases and it was 550..........got glasses, read....cleaned them, read,......still 330lbs. PRETTY BOATS
          I noticed the 9' kayak also has a listed capacity of 330. Maybe its a typo on the website, I agree that's a low capacity for such a big boat.
          Mike
          Feelfree Lure 11.5
          Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

The 9' looks interesting. I put this on my list of kayaks to demo when I can add to my collection. Thanks!
            2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
            Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

I sent them a email in regards to the weight capacity, and there is a typo in the Web page. Weight capacity is 500lbs. Just a FYI.

I have no seen the 9ft model, but would like to get it for my wife on those days she wants to tag along and impede on my fishing alone time.

Comment

Working...
              X