No announcement yet.

Anyone for Susquehanna Flats 4/21-4/28?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for Susquehanna Flats 4/21-4/28?

I needed to use up some vacation time and figured next week would be a good time to do it. I am hoping to get my 1st trip out to the flats, launching from Havre De Grace. I have never been more than about a 1/2 mile from shore, and only in tidal rivers, so some company would definitely be nice.
    Mike

I am trying to get off on the 22nd or 24 th and would love to fish the flats but it also depends on the weather and water clarity up there. PM me if any of those days can work
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Depending on weather, I should be able to accompany you. Let me know what day and time.
      http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
      484-459-9863
      If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
      *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

I've taken off the entire week and am hoping to get out at least 3-4 days. I am flexible for anyone interested in going.
        Mike

Comment

Short notice for anyone that was interesting in going, but tomorrow looks like a good day for low winds. I might try to get out by late morning.

They had 6 gates open on the dam today and the water was flowing pretty strong. Anyone know what kind of impact that will have on water clarity on the flats?
          Mike

Comment

Always check the CBIBs buoy thats located just out from Havre de Grace. Many parameters are measured to include water temp and turbidity.

https://buoybay.noaa.gov/locations/susquehanna

Turbidity reading as of Sunday 8:45pm is 18 NTUs. That's not good, translates to water vis less than 12" I'm guessing. The Susky is taking freaking forever to get in good shape for lure fishing for stripers. And the clock for the end of the C&R season keeps ticking away.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Any suggestions for where and how to fish if it's poor clarity? Crank baits in the channels?
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
                Short notice for anyone that was interesting in going, but tomorrow looks like a good day for low winds. I might try to get out by late morning.

They had 6 gates open on the dam today and the water was flowing pretty strong. Anyone know what kind of impact that will have on water clarity on the flats?
                I'm in for for tomorrow, 4/21. Want to set a meet time/place?
                Daniel Kwon
                2019 Hobie Outback Slate Blue
                2002 Triumph 190 Bay Suzuki DF115

Comment

Originally posted by dkwon View Post
                  I'm in for for tomorrow, 4/21. Want to set a meet time/place?
                  Low tide is around 9am, high around 3. I was planning on getting to the ramp around 11.
                  Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X