Tidal Basin DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidal Basin DC

Leaving work early to see what's in the tidal basin. Too bad no yaks are allowed. I've heard and read stories of big bass, pickeral and snakeheads. Hoping to add some new fish to my caught list.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Good luck.
    No kayaks, but you could rent a paddle boat.

Interesting piece of trivia.... before the Jefferson Memorial was built it was the site of a swimming beach. I think the maximum depth of the basin is 10 feet.

08630u_0_sm.jpglost3_sm.jpg06624u-preview.jpg
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

That's a high dive for 10 feet of water - maybe that helps explain what happened to the politicians

Comment

Thanks for the interesting trivia. The area was flooded in many areas. I tried rooster tails, swimming minnows and gulp alive... Nothing cared. Oh well. It was nice leaving work early.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

+1 on leaving work early!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Those old photos are a hoot!! Especially the one of the guy measuring the length of the women's saucy bathing suits... you wouldn't want them to get any shorter.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post
              Those old photos are a hoot!! Especially the one of the guy measuring the length of the women's saucy bathing suits... you wouldn't want them to get any shorter.
              I was wondering what he was doing...it went right over my head when I looked at the pictures originally. D'oh!
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

If you would have caught a snakehead in there... I would have to start a lunch time fishing club!
                2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Working...
                X