Need a definition of a "jazz boat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a definition of a "jazz boat"

So I'm taking my kids to Maine for a week during the summer. The rental property that I am looking at is on a lake and includes a canoe, a paddle boat, and four "jazz boats".

What in the world is a jazz boat? A google search turns up music cruises. Is this some sort of regional slang for something else?

Well, I was down in New Orleans this past Mardi Gras. And down there a jazz boat looks like this.
    Bourne-Bridge.jpg

But what I think they are talking about is a rather small (ie 16') fiberglass jet boat. Bayliner makes it. Has a small outboard too... about 90hp. Its a play toy. It has no trim tabs and top speed is about 30, so it would be difficult to ski behind.

2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Perception made a SOT kayak called a "jazz". That'd be my guess if the home includes four of them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
      2012 FeelFree Moken Angler 12
      http://www.youtube.com/80grady

Comment

Originally posted by Grady View Post
        Perception made a SOT kayak called a "jazz". That'd be my guess if the home includes four of them.
        I finally heard back from the owner and you are correct. The 'jazz boats' are kayaks. Not sure if they are the perception model, but they are SOT kayaks.

Smallmouth bassin' here I come!

Comment

Working...
        X