Navionics chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navionics chips

hey guys I know nothing about map chips but i have a hummingbird 587 ci HD DI and i fish from a kayak in NJ lakes, hudson river, raritan bay. The ff alone doesnt seem to due much I seem to be fishing blind all I get from the FF is depth as far as structure everything looks the same. could you tell me which chip would i need? what does this map chips add to the already FF? I have the $10 app on my android what is the difference between this and the chip you put into the FF? I also thought you get salt and lakes on the same card but was told not so

Originally posted by kayak Dee View Post
    hey guys I know nothing about map chips but i have a hummingbird 587 ci HD DI and i fish from a kayak in NJ lakes, hudson river, raritan bay. The ff alone doesnt seem to due much I seem to be fishing blind all I get from the FF is depth as far as structure everything looks the same. could you tell me which chip would i need? what does this map chips add to the already FF? I have the $10 app on my android what is the difference between this and the chip you put into the FF? I also thought you get salt and lakes on the same card but was told not so
    Fishing "blind" would be no depth finder. From what I've seen in regards to the different "chips", they only have useful data on larger bodies of water. I fish Rocky Gorge and Tridelphia, I looked at the Navonics website and the detail for those reservoirs is not any better than the base map that came with my Lowrance Elite-4 HDI.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

If you fish inland bodies of water mostly, Hot Maps are the way to go. So I'm told...
      Roger
      Hobie Outback
      Humminbird 797 SI

Comment

Working...
      X