Wilson Bridge 4/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Bridge 4/19

Launched from Jones Point park at about 3 and fished until after sunset. Marked lots of fish in the channel around the west side of the bridge near the park, was hoping to get some stripers so I trolled a rat-l-trap and a jig head with bkd with no luck. Switched colors and sizes a few times but no hits so I'm assuming all that I saw on the fish finder were cats. Went to the other side of the bridge and into penrod cove and there was no action and not much on the fish finder so I went back to the bridge and dropped a hi-lo rig with chicken breast and caught 5 cats, all kinda small, in the 10-15 inch range and then hung it up at dark. Water was 58 degrees and nice and calm, a great afternoon to be on the water.

Thanks for the report. After fishing there for the meet and greet, I can picture the places you went. Keep at it!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I was out there in the morning. I launched at 8:00 and was off the water by 1:30 The water was a mess with trash and tree branches everywhere. The exta high tide washed everything off the banks and into the river. I was unable to troll do to all of the crap in the water so I started catfishing around the bridge. I caught a lot of 18 and 19 inchers and a few over 20" my biggest was 24"

It should be getting better soon.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

That's interesting it seemed pretty clear in the afternoon. And the cats we're smaller for me

Comment

Working...
          X