No announcement yet.

New to 'Yak fishing: Trying Mattawoman Creek Sat. 04/26/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those anglers who have launched at both Slavins and the bridge which do you prefer? I've always launched at Slavins and have no experience with the bridge. After last Saturday I'm very interested in a new launch spot. An ass@#$% backed his trailer up just as I was getting into my yak and even after I asked him to stop and give me 30 seconds to launch he still pinned me against the dock and the trailer. How does the fishing up the creek compare with that near Slavins? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn L View Post
      To those anglers who have launched at both Slavins and the bridge which do you prefer? I've always launched at Slavins and have no experience with the bridge. After last Saturday I'm very interested in a new launch spot. An ass@#$% backed his trailer up just as I was getting into my yak and even after I asked him to stop and give me 30 seconds to launch he still pinned me against the dock and the trailer. How does the fishing up the creek compare with that near Slavins? Thanks.
      If it rains the night before... It can be a pain in the ass to get back to 225 bridge after a days fishing. Also there is a down tree blocking the whole creek... Easy to go around but still a pain. All in all not a bad launch spot.
      Sevylor SK100DS Inflatable

Comment

So someone endangered you at the boat ramp? I would have had to notify the marina owner and perhaps the law.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
        Ascend FS10

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn L View Post
          ... backed his trailer up just as I was getting into my yak and even after I asked him to stop and give me 30 seconds to launch he still pinned me against the dock and the trailer.
          Probably the guy that wanted to load up as I was pulling out. Double wide ramp with just him and me, yet he had to pin me against the dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
          X