Newtowne Neck State Park opens!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newtowne Neck State Park opens!

It's been a while since I've posted, I've been hard at work prepping a new state park in St Mary's County!

Newtowne Neck State Park opened this past Monday in the Leonardtown area of St. Mary's. It's a huge 770+ acre peninsula with Breton Bay to the south, St. Clement's Bay to the north and the Potomac to the west. One of the very few amenities that the park will have during our next year of planning will be a kayak and canoe launch! It's located just off the parking area surrounding the park's entrance sign.

I hope to see some of you out at Newtowne, or come say hello at Point Lookout (I'm still stationed down here)!
    Fishing adds years to your life, and life to your years.

Sooo needed since other launching spots close to st clements island have been closed to us. Can you post a map pf where the launch is being proposed?
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I don't have a great map to provide everyone yet, but the launch is right next to the entrance sign of Newtowne Neck SP. The launch will be directly to Breton Bay, so it'll still be quite the paddle to St Clement's Island.

Comment

dang...I was hoping fpr a beach launch at the end of the penninsula
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

AT this point, we can't put one on the end of the peninsula because there isn't great access for your vehicle, maybe in the future though!

Comment

Your post is right on time. Thanks a lot for telling us about this park. I was looking for a somewhat local place to bring my kayak to fish. Is there an easy place I can launch the kayak in the water from the park?
            Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
            Cobra Explorer

Comment

Peggy- There is a sandy canoe/kayak launch located right next to the entrance sign. It's roughly 75 to 100 ft from the parking area. As time progresses, we'll be taking out more of the shoreline rocks and overgrown bushes to make for extremely easy access.

Comment

Working...
              X