Recoil Rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recoil Rig?

Anyone have any experience with the Recoil Rig from Secret Weapon Lures? I'm trying to determine if it's a gimmick like one of those "As seen on TV" fishing rigs or if people are really having good results with it.
    Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Try making one with a rubber band and test it yourself. Sinker tied below hook on line; soft thin rubber band between sinker and worm hook with slack in the line to the weight. That way, when (if) the rubber band breaks you won't lose the weight. Let us know how it works.

Comment

just remember lures are designed to catch more fisherman then fish..
      Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
        haha..I agree and mainly why I'm curious if anyone has tried it out. Just seems like an oversell to me.
        Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
          LOMAO!!! First time I've heard it said this way and how TRUE!!! I'm a big sucker for the next "hottest" lure.
          Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post
            Try making one with a rubber band and test it yourself. Sinker tied below hook on line; soft thin rubber band between sinker and worm hook with slack in the line to the weight. That way, when (if) the rubber band breaks you won't lose the weight. Let us know how it works.
            You can pick up some stretchy cord at craft stores like Michael's. Or buy online. The craft store stuff is about 12 cents per foot, vs 60 cents or more for the Recoil Rig cord.
            Mike
            Feelfree Lure 11.5
            Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              You can pick up some stretchy cord at craft stores like Michael's. Or buy online. The craft store stuff is about 12 cents per foot, vs 60 cents or more for the Recoil Rig cord.
              Yeah, I know I could probably just make this, but before I possibly waste my time, I'd like to know if any folks on here have used this or something similar themselves and had any notable results. If not, then I may try getting something like in the link you posted. I guess I should look at it from the point that if I was to try it out and it didn't produce, a day on the water is still better than a day on the couch... :-)
              Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

The limitation I see in this rig is mobility - you're basically fishing a stationary or fixed spot while you are working the rig. tough to cover much water that way, but if you're in a spot you know holds fish it might not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post
                  The limitation I see in this rig is mobility - you're basically fishing a stationary or fixed spot while you are working the rig. tough to cover much water that way, but if you're in a spot you know holds fish it might not matter.
                  +1
                  Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X