Fishing Mattawoman on Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Mattawoman on Sat

I am fishing Mattawoman on Saturday especially with the nice weather report. If you are interested in meeting up there, just let me know. I will report if I locate any fish.

I'm packing up right now.
    I'll be down at the ramp by 6:30am, and fish till 11am at the latest.

I'll take my radio with me.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

You will be out there before me. I plan on launching at 9:30am. High tide I believe is around 10:10am. I will have my radio on channel 68. I just finished loading up myself..... I will be in my typical red Hobie Revo.

Comment

I just got back from 3 days on Mattawoman and it was in terrible condition. Slavins was under water yesterday, today the creek is still high but getting back towards normal. Finding fish yesterday was impossible as there was too much water and it was very muddy. Today the creek is closer to normal but still muddy. Saturday may be a good day if the water continues to clear. Friday the bass we did find were tight on wood, I could not get bit on moving baits, just plastics pitched or skipped to stumps. Friday's wind and fast moving water did not add to the pleasure of kayak fishing either, good luck on Saturday.
        HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

I'll post how we do...

Comment

can't fish till afternoon or i'd join you.....
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I'll see you there Moc and Buzz. Ill be in the NuCanoe.
              2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
              Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Moc, I'll try you on the radio this afternoon when I get out to see if your still at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                -Dan Goddard, 2014 desert camo Jackson Big Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Diesel View Post
                  Moc, I'll try you on the radio this afternoon when I get out to see if your still at it.

What's the default channel?
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                    Hobie Outback
                    Stand Up Paddle Board
                    Pelican 100

Comment

Love to join you guys, but its an RC plane day. Guys coming down from NY and PA. Good luck with water, hope it has cleared. Please post again when you are fishing local to the Dorf.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                      Hobie Outback
                      Stand Up Paddle Board
                      Pelican 100

Comment

Well it was a beautiful day, low winds, 73 degree temperatures, and a nice high tide at 10:10am. I mostly fished the out going tide. I even took my red Revo all the way into the lily pads towards a far shoreline looking for Mr. Snakehead. I saw a ton of fish jumping...probably shad and a few big splashed in the weeds that might have been Snakeheads, but no fish for me today, just a great day out on the water. It was hard fishing even for the bass boats that were out. I only had one hit all day, which came from trolling a rattletrap in fire tiger colors, but whatever it was did not stay on the hook. Niteflyer did catch a 5 pound catfish while dragging a worm behind his boat. I believe all of the rain that we go in the Mattawoman slowed down fishing.

Comment

I cruised the creek from 7:30a to 11a... All the activity was driving me crazy. A minute couldn't go by without a large fish jumping nearby. I tried everything I had but couldn't get a bite. The only thing I didn't bring we're spinner-baits. I fear that may have been the lure of the day.

Still, nice time on the water. Talked to moc, kitkatyaker, and Dave on my way in.

2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

We let about 1:30pm Buzz. We ran into Kevin Fry and the illusive Bill in the afternoon. there were on their way to Mattawoman for some afternoon fishing. I noticed the winds picked up a little as Bill approached Mattawoman....

I did hear that their were rockfish bites of schoolize near Clairborne on an outgoing tide and the new Triton Beach south of Annapolis.

Comment

I ended up staying a couple hours after the morning crew left after I found some visible Snakehead. I coaxed one weak strike out of an hour of peppering that area. That strike came 2 feet in front of the kayak. I did boat one 15 or 16" Largemouth near the launch on my way back in. The catfish was pretty fun... good fight! I managed to unhook him without touching him too. The Snakehead are definitely there and moving, just not too interested in lunchtime feeding I guess.
                              2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                              Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Working...
                              X