Fire Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Tiger

With the talk of Fire Tiger being effective in the low clarity water conditions we've gotten from all the rain, I decided to do some shopping...and some spinner tying.

Picked up some plugs:

Came up with my own interpretation of the color for a spinner...unfortunately I only have the three chartreuse beads and one red bead for a single prototype.

Also only had a single chartreuse blade in my stock to tie one spinner with pink beads. The color is washed out in the picture, but the bead in front of the blade appears correct.

My spinner tying arsenal...I have some more blades on order. Will be hitting up a craft/hobby store or two to get some additional beads that I'm out of.

Hopefully some of my creations of this evening produce some catching tomorrow. Going to put in at Scott's Cove and drag some worms around Rocky Gorge.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

A few other color combinations, more "standard". I tied a few of each so far.

Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Those will all work. I've caught yellow perch, white perch, crappie, catfish, striped bass, and largemouth bass while trolling worm harness spinners at Rocky Gorge and Triadelphia.

Comment

Cowkid II is going to start with the Fire Tiger prototype spinner, I'm going to start with the chartreuse with pink beads. I'll post a report tomorrow.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Nice. I was thinking of getting a kit to do the same. Now it all depends in your success

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
          Hobie Outback
          Stand Up Paddle Board
          Pelican 100

Comment

Originally posted by clm View Post
            Nice. I was thinking of getting a kit to do the same. Now it all depends in your success

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
            I've seen the kits on a couple sites, they look like a good start. The stuff I have is what we compiled bit by bit when I was a kid. Dad used to be a fishing guide for walleye on the Missouri River, more specifically Lake Oahe back in South Dakota. When there was a break from farming, and he wasn't guiding we'd get out for some walleye fishing too.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Cowpokey, does Cowkid II ever complain that all the money you are spending on hooks and lures could be spent on a kayak for her?
              Actually, a friend has a Hobie fishing kayak for sale. She doesn't know what kind it is (what's wrong with her!!!) and used it a few times and said she didn't like the way it tracks, so she never uses it and wants to sell it. She doesn't even fish! (What is wrong with her!!!) I'll find out what kind it is and if I don't want it I'll give you first dibs if you want to consider it for your daughter. She said she bought it three or four years ago.
              Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
              Cobra Explorer

Comment

Peggy,

We will be getting her a kayak, hopefully in the next few months. If you can find out some more information, we'll take a look...I really want to get her a Hobie Sport, but open to other options.

We made it to Rocky Gorge for a few hours today, put in at Scott's Cove. The water was really dirty (look at the water in my drive well, it's about 3" deep with Cowkid II sitting on the nose hatch), even that far down the lake. There was all kinds of debris floating from all the dirt and branches that got wash into the reservoir with the heavy rain. We drug some spinner/worm harnesses around for the first couple hours, then threw some plugs for a bit. I don't think the water visibility was even a foot. Makes for difficult catching, I think the lure/bait would just about have to smack a fish on the nose to get its attention.

Didn’t catch any fish on a hook, but picked these two up floating on the surface. The crappie thought it could eat that little yellow perch; it was wrong. We got them pulled apart and they were both still alive.

Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

I don't know which fish I feel more sorry for. Neat picture though. It is no great that you bring your family along on your fishing trips, especially floating your daughter around. I'll find out about the Hobie. She said she can put a sail in it, so it might be an outback?
                  Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
                    I don't know which fish I feel more sorry for. Neat picture though. It is no great that you bring your family along on your fishing trips, especially floating your daughter around. I'll find out about the Hobie. She said she can put a sail in it, so it might be an outback?
                    Interesting, I think only the Hobie Mirage Drive peddle kayaks have a sail option? Let me know what you find out. My daughter absolutely loves fishing, it's her favorite hobby.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Those smaller crappies in Rocky Gorge have attacked my larger sized spinners and cranks before as well... go figure
                      Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
                      Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
                      Northern Pike: 24 inches
                      Crappie: 12 inches
                      Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

OMG.....word spell totally changed what I said!!! "It is no great that you bring your family along" was SUPPOSE to be " it is great that you bring your family along".
                        Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

OMG.....word spell totally changed what I said!!! "It is no great that you bring your family along" was SUPPOSE to be " it is great that you bring your family along".
                          I read it as "so great". Figured it was a typo.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                          X