Small Rocks on the Potomac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Rocks on the Potomac

I finally got my ProAngler out for a real trip yesterday morning. I launched on Piney Creek (the creek just above Stewart's Pier at Piney Point) on the Potomac. I trolled my way down to the pier with Rat-L-Traps. I caught about 4 16" rock on the way down. Then I switched to my big rods and worked up a sweat heading to deep water off the pier and trolling up and down the river from there by pulling a pair of Strech 25's. The radio was alive with reports by guys in boats bragging about catching trophy fish just north and south of there on both the VA and MD side of the river. I had no luck with the fish but got another 4 to 6 fish in the 16" class on the way back in with the Rat-L-Traps. It was a great morning, I really worked up a sweat with my dry top and waders on (better safe and hot than sorry) and recorded 6.6 nautical miles on my GPS track. It would have been much better with a keeper fish but I'm not complaining.

Sounds like a good day on the water. Pics?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tall_Timbers_Kayaker View Post
      I finally got my ProAngler out for a real trip yesterday morning. I launched on Piney Creek (the creek just above Stewart's Pier at Piney Point) on the Potomac. I trolled my way down to the pier with Rat-L-Traps. I caught about 4 16" rock on the way down. Then I switched to my big rods and worked up a sweat heading to deep water off the pier and trolling up and down the river from there by pulling a pair of Strech 25's. The radio was alive with reports by guys in boats bragging about catching trophy fish just north and south of there on both the VA and MD side of the river. I had no luck with the fish but got another 4 to 6 fish in the 16" class on the way back in with the Rat-L-Traps. It was a great morning, I really worked up a sweat with my dry top and waders on (better safe and hot than sorry) and recorded 6.6 nautical miles on my GPS track. It would have been much better with a keeper fish but I'm not complaining.
      While I made it out on the water, I did not pull the camera out for the small fish, I was waiting for that trophy.

Comment

Working...
      X