Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarpon and Snook

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk
    We have our annual mancation to St. Marrteen in the Caribbean next week. Don't know how much kayaking I'll be able to get into but any tips will be helpful.
    Kevin Markland
    @k.markland
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrK...XAJGcn9VEYDG2w

2015 Wildy ATAK- Flint Camo
    2014 Perception Pescador 12- Sand

Where are you staying?
    The salt ponds hold smaller tarpon and a limited amount of snook but are accessible by foot on fly/spinning tackle when the wind is too much elsewhere.
    Tarpon are tricky but there are TONS of other things to catch with light tackle and an ample amount of cast masters. Everything from snapper and bonefish to barracuda and mackerel. Just depends on what you have available. Generally for snook and tarpon, night time is the right time for a few reasons. If you tell me what kind of tackle you're bringing I could help you out a bit more.
    www.anglerswithoutborders.com
    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

We're staying in Phillipsburg for the first time. What i have so far..
      Swimbaits
      Xrap slashbait
      Johnson spoons
      Bucktails
      Different crankbaits/lipless too
      Topwater walk the dog types

Please let me know what to add cause i would love to catch more species!! Thank you
      Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
      Kevin Markland
      @k.markland

Comment

Everything you have there is great! I would add some small wire leaders 12"-18" and as many 1/4oz-1/2oz kastmasters as you can carry. I wouldn't use the wire until you realize you have cuda's in the area and when perusing the beaches there's nothing better than kastmasters to cover water. Almost everything eats them. Other info I have goes for almost every location. Topwater action is best in the morning before swimmers and crowds get to the beaches. With your gear when you find a flat try to walk the edge of it and cast to deeper water. That will almost guarantee you a barracuda, makerel, or snapper. Chasing bones can be a lot of fun with gulps and a 1/8oz-1/4oz jig head on the flats. You have tons of options! Have a great time!
        www.anglerswithoutborders.com
        Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Thanks for the great advice sir!! We always have a great time and I'm sure someone will have kayaks for rent. Thanks again!!!

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
          Kevin Markland
          @k.markland

Comment

Working...
          X