No announcement yet.

CCA Catch and Release Kent Narrows Fly and light tackle Tournament 6.7.14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop your kids in the woods and tell your wife they are at summer camp.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Lmao smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

can someone point this out on a map, "BOUNDARIES ARE FROM THE SASSAFRAS RIVER TO CEDAR POINT."
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
          Change of plans for me, looks like I may be able to make it! Someone needs to try to beat grilled!
          Get your GF to sign up she's pretty lucky;-)

Comment

Sassafras River is on the eastern shore opposite from Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Cedar Point is the southern point of the mouth of the Patuxent near Solomons and the Pax River naval air station. That should help you find things on a map.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

^thanks. had too zoom in quite a bit before google labeled both areas
              sigpic

Comment

What is the name of the place we check in and eat/drink. I know about where it is but have only been there once.
                Jim

Hobie Outback
                TKAA member
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

The Jetty.
                  2012 hobie outback
                  2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Jetty Dock Bar
                    201 Wells Cove Road
                    Grasonville,MD 21638

http://www.jettydockbar.com/

See you there?

Comment

Thank you John, now I have to get signed up for CBKA
                      Jim

Hobie Outback
                      TKAA member

Comment

This event is this weekend!!! I talked to the CCA MD Director and the first place prize will be a 50qt K2 cooler (http://www.k2-coolers.com/index.php/...teel-gray.html) and there will be other great prizes for the kayakers that include items from YakAttack like the BlackPak with lid and 3 rod holders, the new CellBlok, the Track mount retractor, and the new Sidewinder as well as items donated by CD Dollar.

Additionally there is a terrific prize pack out there from Shore Tackle and the requirements are as follows:

1) You must be a registered member of TechFish (free - http://www.technicalfisherman.com/);
                        2) You must be entered in the Release of the Year derby; WHICH YOU CAN DO HERE
                        3) You must be a CCA member- which, if you are fishing in the tournament, you automatically will be!

The prize goes to the largest striped bass caught by a TechFish Release of the Year participant (reqs above) and includes - a custom jigging rod from Shore Tackle & Custom Rods PLUS a $100 gift certificate to Shore Tackle to use towards a reel, tackle or whatever else you might want!!

See you guys there this weekend!
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I was just wondering if there was a Captains meeting or anything like that. I didn't seem to see anything listed. I won't be able to make it to the metting, I was just wondering in case I needed to have someone pick up an indicator for my photos.
                          Jim

Hobie Outback
                          TKAA member

Comment

I'm so jealous of you guys. Weather looks outstanding and I really like using light take. Maybe next year. Looking forward to the reports.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                            PigPen - Mt Airy
                            Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
                              I was just wondering if there was a Captains meeting or anything like that. I didn't seem to see anything listed. I won't be able to make it to the metting, I was just wondering in case I needed to have someone pick up an indicator for my photos.
                              The Captain's meeting is at 6:00pm on Thursday. It is reported that they will be cooking hamburgers and hotdogs. You will collect your official ruler there. It will be at Shore Tackle right in the same parking lot as the Crab Deck.

Here is what was posted on the Technical Fisherman's Site :
                              "The Captains meeting for the Kent narrows Light Tackle / Fly Tournament will be held at Shore Tackle and Custom Rods on Thursday, June 5th , at 6p. Captains are welcome to come as early if they like. Rules will be provided at the meeting and we will try to answer any questions folks may have. Hot Dogs, Burgers and Beverages will be provided at the meeting."

http://www.technicalfisherman.com/fo...t-narrows.921/
                              Last edited by moc; 06-03-2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks to CCA MD for putting on a great event again this year!

The kayak division was very competitive with less than an inch between 1st and 3rd! The difference between 1st and 2nd was 1/8"!!!

1st - Richard Souder - SpareChange - 50qt K2 CCA Cooler
                                2nd - Michael Bartgis - Redfish12 - TFO Rod
                                3rd - Andrew Uphoff - YakAttack Accessories

Attached Files
                                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X