fishermans island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishermans island

Anyone heading down to CBBT this weekend for flounder and reds. I will be there Sat and Sun.

Not this weekend

Are you launching at the boat ramp on Fisherman's Island? Never launched there, but looks nice from a satellite.

Good luck!
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I will be there on memorial day weekend, post some fishing reports. Thanks

Comment

When I fish that area (most recently in late April), I launch at the ramp in the National Wildlife Refuge. It puts you into a canal that leads out near the bridge to Fishermans Island.

You can use the cartop boat launch for no charge (watch out for dropping tides that could keep you from getting back) or the formal ramps for a $10 fee.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

My advise would be to target only one species of fish. The equipment needed and feeding habits are so different that it is very easy to not be in the right area and rigged right when things turn on. The pattern has been that both species are there briefly and then vanish for the rest of the day. You need to be ready to rock as they say, or you will spend all day chasing both and not catching either.

Comment

Man, Sunday's winds are nice! Wish I could...

Good luck to you!
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

It takes many trips to learn the area. There is a lot of ground that can be covered and like Hemmingway said, its best to be focused on one species. If you target flounder the South side of the first bridge (the one that connects fishermans island to the main land) has a nice rock jetty and a good current. I've caught some flounder there in the past. The north end of the same bridge has also been productive.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
              Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
                My advise would be to target only one species of fish. The equipment needed and feeding habits are so different that it is very easy to not be in the right area and rigged right when things turn on. The pattern has been that both species are there briefly and then vanish for the rest of the day. You need to be ready to rock as they say, or you will spend all day chasing both and not catching either.
                This is the best single piece of advice I have seen for new kayak anglers.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                  This is the best single piece of advice I have seen for new kayak anglers.
                  Thanks Pinch,
                  That means a lot, especially coming from one of the best fishermen around!
                  Gary

Comment

I'll be there sun-tues. Mainly want to go for the bull reds but wouldn't mind spending one day going after flounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X