Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ches Bay Bridge Friday June 6th

Howdy folks,
    I'll be in the Annapolis area on biz on Friday June 6th and plan on launching the yak sometime in the afternoon. This will be my first trip on anything but a lake/reservoir and would love to have the opportunity to hook up with someone who's been out under the bridge before so I can learn the do's and don'ts of bay fishing. Is anyone planning on being out there?

I might be able to come. PM me that week and I'll let you know for sure.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

will do, thx

Comment

bumping it up, saw some other folks looking to do the same

Comment

If I end up doing a solo trip this Friday under the Bay bridge can anyone share info with me regarding the best place to launch, what tackle is best for stripers this time of year, should I try to hook other types of fish?, what else should I expect? I'll be coming from Annapolis so Sandy Point would be ideal to launch but if it's better to launch on the other side let me know. I appreciate all the assistance, thx!
          Bill

Comment

If the weather is good (winds < 10mph) I will join you.

I will launch from Sandy Point. I'm going to pick up a few spot at Anglers and try my hand at live lining them. Had some good luck last year.

Otherwise, 1-1.5oz jig heads tipped with 6" BKDs (or similar bass assasin-like plastics) will jig up some stripers if they're there.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback

Comment

FYI, fishing at the bridge was poor yesterday... Also, Anglers is not expecting to have spot for a couple weeks.

Sent from the water.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Bummer. Thanks for the heads up.
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback

Comment

It was very rough there today. I launched my center console at 1:30 and was back in to the dock in less than 45 mins. The steady 3 footers were not what I wanted to deal with in my 16' boat. I did not see any kayaks there today -- a wise decision.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

If I'm reading the weather reports correctly, looks like 5-10 kt winds and 1 ft waves at SPSP for tomorrow afternoon. That sound bout right?

FRI
                    NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

FRI NIGHT
                    W WINDS AROUND 5 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

Comment

Yeah, winds look decent.

Max incoming current is scheduled for 12:45, so I'll be launching around 11am to be out there while it's ripping.
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback

Comment

I love high winds... just when they are from the east...

Comment

BillD, hI1 What online information web were you able to get the report for winds and waves. I'm new and learning most on things I can get. Thanks. Ben

Comment

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/zone/east/lwxmz.htm
                            I got this from a sticky thread at the beginning of the main forum

Comment

How'd you guys make out today at the BB? I'll be there early Sat morning jigging the pilings.
                              John D.
                              2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                              GO RAVENS!!!
                              GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X