Paddle Sport 2011 March 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddle Sport 2011 March 26

Well, I met up with Memory Maker (Rick) at his house this morning. We headed out to Paddle Sport 2011 in NJ this morning. We got there just after 10am, just in time to head off to Cory Ruthless's kayak fishing lecture. He had a great lecture as always with his projector that he always seems to travel with . It cost $10 to get into Paddle Sport. It was immediately apparent that they brought in more kayak fishing oriented things than previous years. This was confirmed by other yakers that we met there. Mullet made it there too, but we missed him because the noise in Paddle Sport was loud enough to drown out Memory Maker's phone when it rang. It was not until a few hours later that we noticed that Rick missed the call,however, he was able to contact Mullet later, but he had already left the show.

The show was better than we expected, so we ended up staying longer than we planned. We also purchased more than we had planned to a tune of $400 between the two of us. Rick was very happy to find a life vest that could fit him comfortably. I also picked up a life vest which was tops on my list. The prices at the show were fair or at a very good deal. Many items were 15 to 20 percent off at the show. We ran into Kayaking Kevin after talking to Cory. Both guys were very nice and full of information and tips.

One funny note, Rick had his so called Bumble Bee (Dry suit)outfit with him in the car and its zipper had always been stuck. He wanted me grab his fly and help him pull his zipper open. This was accomplished by applying allot of force, but if anyone heard Rick, and did not know us, they might get the wrong idea. ha ha. SurfDog should have been there to lend a had.....

It was a nice trip and we met some NJ Kayak Anglers the were real cool and wanted us to come up to NJ to fish them. Rick even met someone to go hunting off of a kayak. Well after the last lecture which Kevin and Cory were in, we left. It was a real fun time, and the trip was worth it. I even saw that they had life vest selling for Mans Best Friend.....LOL
    Attached Files

Yep .......... had so much fun we danced the macarena as we left ........

talked so much on the ride home that I missed an exit and had to back up a ramp ........... even with 2 GPS's telling us to turn here ......

You guys NEED to go next year ......... Glad we went !!!!!!!

We Got invitations to fish Montauk, Jersey Shore and goose hunting on the Susky ....... and bought a bunch of stuff we probably don't need .............

Wooo Hooo !!!!!!

Comment

hey you two better stop plying with each others zippers

sounds like a good time, better than sitting on a cold beach getting skunked no love this morning in the snow either, oh well maybe this afternoon

Comment

I was sure that you would have landed at least one Rock Surf. You had a good streak lately from the beach.....It seems like we all get a skunk from time to time.

Comment

Sorry I missed you guys...

I gotta tell you, I was totally wiped out after the fun and excitement of Friday! It sure would have been nice for someone else to do the driving! It's a much longer drive from Cape May than it is from my house!

We had to have passed each other at least a couple of times, but I spent most of my day at Kayak Fishing Magazine.net's booth w/Jon Shein, Joe Cambria and Chris Parson, (better know as, in order, JonS, kayakjoey, and SJ Fishwhisperer)

We'll just have to get together on the waters down here soon....

Comment

moc i got no love from the fish this weekend water temps dropped and this week looks cold too, where is spring? only saw some small schoolies caught on sat. heard of some cows caught in the flats this weekend thats good news.

Comment

Now I wish I had gone too.

Comment

Working...
              X